Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, My anemone appears to be dying and not taking food just 4 days ago had its tips and took food.
DBF46959-1A4F-4DC3-BAEC-1A6C6C7DBB9B.jpegB5FCE63B-7496-48D3-AC5F-CC01438618F1.jpeg

j.falk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That doesn't look good at all. Not sure there is anything you can do for it at that stage. :(

Edit: I just read some of your other threads...that anemone was definitely bleached based on your photos. Bleached anemones (all white or clear in color) typically don't live long unless you know how to bring them back to health. I would get it out of the tank before it turns into mush and pollutes your water.

Last edited:

CasperOe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this post differ from the other one you made on the subject? :)

What's your water parameters? How long have 'he' looked like this? Anemones are hard to keep, especially in newer or smaller tanks. Stability is the key!

Chances are that your anemone is suffering from similar issues as your zoanthids.

Nutramar Foods

CasperOe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That doesn't look good at all. Not sure there is anything you can do for it at that stage. :(

Edit: I just read some of your other threads...that anemone was definitely bleached based on your photos. Bleached anemones (all white or clear in color) typically don't live long unless you know how to bring them back to health. I would get it out of the tank before it turns into mush and pollutes your water.
Absolutely! I second that.. A similar case almost nuked my smaller reef tank! Went bad, went through the fan - and boom! Big issue..

OP
OP
ellarose

ellarose

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

yeh it has been bleached for a while but did feeding three times a week and always took the food im not sure why now it’s changed :( is it definitely not save able

OP
OP
ellarose

ellarose

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this post differ from the other one you made on the subject? :)

What's your water parameters? How long have 'he' looked like this? Anemones are hard to keep, especially in newer or smaller tanks. Stability is the key!

Chances are that your anemone is suffering from similar issues as your zoanthids.
i have had the anemone for a year and half i think and has always done great, when the zoas started to shrink and anemone became bleached i did multiple water test at the shop on their machine and everything has always been perfect just upping my salt sometimes and more RO water depending what the test said. have been feeding the anemone at least 3 times a week and always ate the shrimp i had given it

AquaCave Logo Banner

Nman

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely! I second that.. A similar case almost nuked my smaller reef tank! Went bad, went through the fan - and boom! Big issue..
When a nem goes through a power head it can destroy your tank . I know I’ve been there pollutes every. You can have a go with carbon when this happens but it’s not a miracle cure

CasperOe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones do like pristine water so good husbandry is often a must if you want to keep them successfully. Please go ahead and do the testing yourself- it is good practice to stay on top up without having go rely on the LFS for this.

Once tested, share and we can help accordingly! :)

I know the stress of something dying of reasons we don't quite understand. Sit back, take it as a learning opportunity to improve life for all the creatures you look after!

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
ellarose

ellarose

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones do like pristine water so good husbandry is often a must if you want to keep them successfully. Please go ahead and do the testing yourself- it is good practice to stay on top up without having go rely on the LFS for this.

Once tested, share and we can help accordingly! :)

I know the stress of something dying of reasons we don't quite understand. Sit back, take it as a learning opportunity to improve life for all the creatures you look after!
i heard that they don’t like competly clean water is this true?

CasperOe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i heard that they don’t like competly clean water is this true?
That depends on what you define as "clean water" :) They live in the sea. The sea is pretty clean! ;)

I would look a bit around for decent information; one source I was looking to a lot when starting up my anemone tank / clown fish harem was this:

Best of luck!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
ellarose

ellarose

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That depends on what you define as "clean water" :) They live in the sea. The sea is pretty clean! ;)

I would look a bit around for decent information; one source I was looking to a lot when starting up my anemone tank / clown fish harem was this:

Best of luck!

harrylarry

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeh it has been bleached for a while but did feeding three times a week and always took the food im not sure why now it’s changed :( is it definitely not save able
Nems should be fed maybe once or twice a month. Too much feeding can cause them to die as well.

OP
OP
ellarose

ellarose

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Best of luck!
Nems should be fed maybe once or twice a month. Too much feeding can cause them to die as well.
was feeding more frequently due to others telling me it would help it with the bleaching

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
ellarose

ellarose

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually quite the opposite. Nems get the main source of energetic or “food” from light. Periodic feeding are fine but not necessary.
okay good to know, do you think it’s worth leaving it alone and testing the water and see if it will come back

BRS
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back