Ammonia dosing help

greyhunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I posted an hour ago about ghost feeding my tank as a ammonia source. I had a couple of comments saying that you need A LOT of food to reach 2 ppm ammonia. So i went on investigation. Since i cant get dr tims ammonia in my country is searched for a alternative. I came up with the following. I searched for the concentration of dr tims and found it was 40mg/ml and that you need to add 1 drop per L tankwater (75 drops in my case). Now i bought 100 grams of pure ammonia chloride and I’m planning to dissolve it is 50 cl of rodi water. If my calculations are correct that would put it in a concentration of 200mg/ml which means i need to dose 15 drops to reach 2 ppm right? Now my question is, is this a good method and did my math check out? Thank you in advance!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I posted an hour ago about ghost feeding my tank as a ammonia source. I had a couple of comments saying that you need A LOT of food to reach 2 ppm ammonia. So i went on investigation. Since i cant get dr tims ammonia in my country is searched for a alternative. I came up with the following. I searched for the concentration of dr tims and found it was 40mg/ml and that you need to add 1 drop per L tankwater (75 drops in my case). Now i bought 100 grams of pure ammonia chloride and I’m planning to dissolve it is 50 cl of rodi water. If my calculations are correct that would put it in a concentration of 200mg/ml which means i need to dose 15 drops to reach 2 ppm right? Now my question is, is this a good method and did my math check out? Thank you in advance!

I give ammonium chloride dosing recipes here. Just scale it to 2 ppm:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back