Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mother of all screw-ups. I incorrectly programmed the digital timer controlling my. BRS doser adding somewhere around 800 ml of nitrate additive when 7 to 8 ml was called for for my tank size to raise by 1 ppm. Didn’t have water to change and didn’t want to do multiple large changes so had maintenance company come and do a 95+% water change. Almost unbelievably all params are spot on almost 24 hours later except, ironically enough, nitrate which still needs to be bumped. All fish and corals survived just fine so far (only one fish had to endure the ultra low water level; the others were trapped and kept in a bucket) and thankfully inbound water temp was very close to my temp due to a warm day here. Salinity was an exact match. The longest the highest most rock would have been exposed to air would have been 1 1/2-2 hours. Lights were off and rock did not dry out. Should I be concerned about bacteria die off or a significant cycle event? Please learn from my carelessness and observe programmed doser activity before putting into use. I always have in the past and the one time I didn’t…

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mother of all screw-ups. I incorrectly programmed the digital timer controlling my. BRS doser adding somewhere around 800 ml of nitrate additive when 7 to 8 ml was called for for my tank size to raise by 1 ppm. Didn’t have water to change and didn’t want to do multiple large changes so had maintenance company come and do a 95+% water change. Almost unbelievably all params are spot on almost 24 hours later except, ironically enough, nitrate which still needs to be bumped. All fish and corals survived just fine so far (only one fish had to endure the ultra low water level; the others were trapped and kept in a bucket) and thankfully inbound water temp was very close to my temp due to a warm day here. Salinity was an exact match. The longest the highest most rock would have been exposed to air would have been 1 1/2-2 hours. Lights were off and rock did not dry out. Should I be concerned about bacteria die off or a significant cycle event? Please learn from my carelessness and observe programmed doser activity before putting into use. I always have in the past and the one time I didn’t…
As long as the rock did not completely dry out, you didnt lose the entire biomass. I would dose microbacter7, or buy any of the other additives to help boost bacterial recovery.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Neptune
Back