All is Fair in Love and Coral: How often do you buy new coral?

How often do you buy new coral?

• Weekly.

Votes: 21 9.2%
  • Monthly.

Votes: 51 22.3%
  • Every several months.

Votes: 54 23.6%
  • A few times a year.

Votes: 57 24.9%
  • Once a year.

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • I'd rather not say as I don't want to leave a digital footprint for my significant other...

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 13 5.7%

• Total voters

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:star-struck:

What size tank is that? I like how you’re at the “welp! no room left on the sand, no room left on the rock, guess we’re hanging frag racks off the glass!”
It’s a 75. So 48 L x 21 H x 18 W

I have 100 gallon custom made tank I’m working on getting set up. It’s 48 x 22 x 22

I generally put all things I can on frag racks till I can figure out where I want them…..but yeah I’m kinda out of room…..new tank should fix that! Just got all the rocks in to do the aquascape…next step is smashing rocks to build that scape!!

ieatbugman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a few corals, nothing like @Reefing_addiction , although i did get some nice pieces (nice for 40 dollars and me anyways) the green goni, the smooth skin and the two pieces of red acro
IMG_5142.jpeg
IMG_5143.jpeg
IMG_5144.jpeg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I don't even remember when I bought my last coral.

timmyrules

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been good about not buying a ton lately…the last ones I bought were about a month ago. But before now, I was like “oh hey, I’ve been wanting that coral! Oooo! Look at that, it’s on sale! I must get it!…but the shipping costs more than the coral, I’ll add 5 more corals then problem solved!!!” :D

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been accumulating coral for aquaculture for the last few years. Just got another box in today.

Last edited:

paraletho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The oldest coral in my possession is 22 years old. It is a plate that was itabout half as big as my pinky fingernail when I found it as a hitchhiker in a frag of zoas. I love when a colony of SPS goes flattop because it is trying to grow out of the water. Thats just me. It is about growing the stuff not having the stuff.

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why isn't daily an option?
Lol I selected other bc I check sites daily sometimes I purchase 7 days a week sometimes it's a few months before somthing I need shows up.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have an amazing tank reefing_addiction
Thank you! You’ll get there. About three years ago my tank crashed and I was busy enough that I just let it sit, for about 2 years before I started adding coral back. So it ran pretty much coral free. The tank is 5years old now.

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why isn't daily an option?
Lol I selected other bc I check sites daily sometimes I purchase 7 days a week sometimes it's a few months before somthing I need shows up.
And I thought I had a problem (or rather the solution!)!

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8ft 300g as you all should know by now as much as I brag about it :)

I bought $400 worth of new coral yesterday, An aqua cultured Dragon Soul torch, and 3 mushrooms. Last time I bought a piece of coral was several months ago. I slowed way down as my tank is filling in nicely and I only have a few spots left I feel I can add coral too and I want to bring in some color I do not have. Picked up a beauty of a yellow mushroom yesterday, and a neon green one too.

That being said any time I walk into a store has coral for sale I am looking to see if they have something I have not seen, or rarely seen. Guess I am always a potential customer :)

aug1024.jpg

Reefing_addiction

SBB fed the Addiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8ft 300g as you all should know by now as much as I brag about it :)

I bought $400 worth of new coral yesterday, An aqua cultured Dragon Soul torch, and 3 mushrooms. Last time I bought a piece of coral was several months ago. I slowed way down as my tank is filling in nicely and I only have a few spots left I feel I can add coral too and I want to bring in some color I do not have. Picked up a beauty of a yellow mushroom yesterday, and a neon green one too.

That being said any time I walk into a store has coral for sale I am looking to see if they have something I have not seen, or rarely seen. Guess I am always a potential customer :)

aug1024.jpg
I was check the LFS tanks

It’s how I got my moseleya

And I too was at the SBB sale

I refuse to answer how much I spent because the cat did it

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back