Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can also test your reagent mixture against a Salifert test kit. do standard salifert reagent then test again but for part B use your mixture. you can compare both these results to what the Alkatronic is reading.
I ordered a test kit this morning! Also just received a 4L of Coral Vue reagent

Nutramar Foods
AquaCave Logo Banner

MGarrison

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1648083116805.png

Avast
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
m.kristoff

m.kristoff

Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Follow up! I believe in reading the trends of my DKH AFTER a baseline has been established. I was having a heck of a time getting My alkatronic, Hanna and Salifert test kits to jive- or even come close to achieve the baseline

Problem 1: The calibrations were off on pump A and C. it was off by 2ml.

Problem 2: The reagent I was using in my Hanna was off by several points. Verified at My LFS testing my water with their tests.

Problem 3: I believe that my reagent was not mixed properly. I made a new batch using the proper tools. A scale and measuring cups in ml's from amazon. Validate the measure of the scale and ML marks on cup. Mixed a new batch of reagent.

Results: My Alkatronic is reading my DKH at expected levels and match my Hanna. I tested several times for both and have gotten the expected results each time. The lessons learned were that calibration and mixing reagent is Key! I also needed to do a better job understanding how my Alkatroinc works. Off the shelf DKH testers can have reagent issues. Probably not common but something to be aware off while trouble shooting.

Love my alkatronic! thanks for the help

dwest

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Follow up! I believe in reading the trends of my DKH AFTER a baseline has been established. I was having a heck of a time getting My alkatronic, Hanna and Salifert test kits to jive- or even come close to achieve the baseline

Problem 2: The reagent I was using in my Hanna was off by several points. Verified at My LFS testing my water with their tests.

Problem 3: I believe that my reagent was not mixed properly. I made a new batch using the proper tools. A scale and measuring cups in ml's from amazon. Validate the measure of the scale and ML marks on cup. Mixed a new batch of reagent.

Results: My Alkatronic is reading my DKH at expected levels and match my Hanna. I tested several times for both and have gotten the expected results each time. The lessons learned were that calibration and mixing reagent is Key! I also needed to do a better job understanding how my Alkatroinc works. Off the shelf DKH testers can have reagent issues. Probably not common but something to be aware off while trouble shooting.

Don’t forget to recalibrate your pH probe after a week or two in use. Good luck.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thays awesome! How is it going with it now? Any tips or tricks you've learned since march:)

Nutramar Foods
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back