Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man, you should see their prices !

giphy.gif
Lol I got a chalice, rhodactis, utter chaos zoa, and 2 favias from there for a grand total of...$10:eek:

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome man!

Thank you, I'm happy as well with the test results. And the sps that lost colors getting their colors back after I've adjusted the light with the PAR Meter.
Some red cyano on the rocks here and there but nothing critical in the system overall.

;Woot

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how are you liking the retro? im surprised it has such low par readings

I like it very much, I think readings are very fair. 350-600 at 80% LED with white channel totally OFF - 0%. At full power it will deliver much more.

d_adler

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it very much, I think readings are very fair. 350-600 at 80% LED with white channel totally OFF - 0%. At full power it will deliver much more.

That's good to hear. I'm between getting a retro from Dave or getting 2 xr30s and doing a hybrid myself. I can't decide

Avast

Giraffe0621

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my first order from Gulf Coast Ecosystems. Nice package, fast shipping and the their packs looks awesome. I've got total around 10 different types of macro I think. Red pack was indeed very cool. Here are some pictures, sump looks like a mess now hehehe ... ;Wideyed :

View attachment 539380

quick question -- how did you hang the Kessil light here?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The test results look good!

I just put a retro together myself with one of Dave's large retros. This is for my new build. I am using a mini tide plus m on my current tank and love it. Here's a sneak peak...

View attachment 587136

Nice light!

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
quick question -- how did you hang the Kessil light here?

Just a little hook screwed, I think these hooks were with the light in the box. The only one thing this light is too powerful for the space that I have. I'm still thinking to replace it with the smaller version. Moved a few weeks ago, so it's now hanging on the border of the refugium, so the hot spot is not in the middle now. It's working but it doesn't make sense to have such a powerful light and not use it at full. In one word this light is too much for a small space like I have. I need to decide, replace it or find a way to diffuse the light.

Giraffe0621

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little hook screwed, I think these hooks were with the light in the box. The only one thing this light is too powerful for the space that I have. I'm still thinking to replace it with the smaller version. Moved a few weeks ago, so it's now hanging on the border of the refugium, so the hot spot is not in the middle now. It's working but it doesn't make sense to have such a powerful light and not use it at full. In one word this light is too much for a small space like I have. I need to decide, replace it or find a way to diffuse the light.
Sorry to ask a million questions -- it's the Kessil H380 right? Asking as I am starting a Reefer 250 and am trying to pick a refugium light. Is it too bright or just overkill & a smaller light would work just fine?

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to ask a million questions -- it's the Kessil H380 right? Asking as I am starting a Reefer 250 and am trying to pick a refugium light. Is it too bright or just overkill & a smaller light would work just fine?

No worry at all. Yes, this is the light and it's way too powerful for a small 7.5g refugium that I have. Nothing gonna grow in the middle of it, it will burn everything and there is no way to hang it higher. I will see how it's going for one more month and if changing the position of it will not really help I will switch it to the small Kessil H80. I want also try to add a small cheap powerhead in the refugium to add agitation to the surface to reduce direct light hot spot, maybe this will help as well. Need to play with it a little bit more, sorry can't say for sure. But H380 is a very good light. :)

Giraffe0621

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worry at all. Yes, this is the light and it's way too powerful for a small 7.5g refugium that I have. Nothing gonna grow in the middle of it, it will burn everything and there is no way to hang it higher. I will see how it's going for one more month and if changing the position of it will not really help I will switch it to the small Kessil H80. I want also try to add a small cheap powerhead in the refugium to add agitation to the surface to reduce direct light hot spot, maybe this will help as well. Need to play with it a little bit more, sorry can't say for sure. But H380 is a very good light. :)

Perfect -- thank you very much for the explanation -- super helpful!

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Dr. Reefs Quarantined Fish
Back