Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yep, both jumped on it like crazy. And there were no food in acan or anything it was when lights were off already and started to rip off the acan coral and putting into the mouth. (sorry not favia.)

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is about 2 months now. No big changes, nutrients levels are very stable with heavy frozen food feeding twice a day. No3: 0( Salifert) / Po4: 0.02 (Hanna). Current dosing: Two parts Alk. Ca. with doser + Mg. when needed manually. Every morning I add 9ml. of Phyco-Pure Reef Blend mixed with a small amount (tip of the handle of the spoon) of Reef-Roids. This week started 10 drops of Polyp-Booster x2 a week. It's less than half of the recommended dose divided by two days. Added a few new fishes as well, tank looks much more alive now ! In one month will add torches to make things move more. Current view video: ;Woot

Avast

d_adler

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is about 2 months now. No big changes, nutrients levels are very stable with heavy frozen food feeding twice a day. No3: 0( Salifert) / Po4: 0.02 (Hanna). Current dosing: Two parts Alk. Ca. with doser + Mg. when needed manually. Every morning I add 9ml. of Phyco-Pure Reef Blend mixed with a small amount (tip of the handle of the spoon) of Reef-Roids. This week started 10 drops of Polyp-Booster x2 a week. It's less than half of the recommended dose divided by two days. Added a few new fishes as well, tank looks much more alive now ! In one month will add torches to make things move more. Current view video: ;Woot

Are you quarantining fish or just adding fish as you go? I'm currently at a month on a new tank contemplating if I will qt new fish or not. Amazing tank btw

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you quarantining fish or just adding fish as you go? I'm currently at a month on a new tank contemplating if I will qt new fish or not. Amazing tank btw

Thank you, not I don't have a quarantine setup. But we have a very trusted local fish store here. So never had any issues with fishes. ;)

Top Shelf Aquatics

Jamal

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a tad bit curious as to how you would incorporate a filter sock in your set up I'm such a stickler for clean looking water and red sea as you know has some awesome mesh socks but it looks as if you have a return for your refugium in one sock place and the drain in the other

Anirban

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a tad bit curious as to how you would incorporate a filter sock in your set up I'm such a stickler for clean looking water and red sea as you know has some awesome mesh socks but it looks as if you have a return for your refugium in one sock place and the drain in the other

I'm not a fan of socks, never liked it and I have a crystal clear water. Well ... when the diamond gobby is not at work lol ;Woot In the sump I have two small cheap Hydor pumps, one in each sector directed to the floor so there is a very small amount of "things" staying there. I'm dosing Reef-Roids and Phyto and I don't want them to be blocked by the socks, I want a good rotation in the system. And to keep the water clean, I'm dosing Food Grade 97+% Calcium Carbonate. You can sure just buy Coral Snow from KZ (Zeovit). But you can also google "DIY CORAL SNOW". You will love that product or the DIY version I promise if you never used it. This thing will pick up everything that pumps rise in the sump and then your skimmer will do the rest. Oh yes and I'm using the black sponge that was sold with the Reefer it's very cool with large pores and easy to clean.

And in the event of a power outage how much of the refugium drains back into the sump

Very small amount of water, I didn't even setup a non-return valve. I have a Loc-Line return and you can adjust it as the needed levels. there is several videos on Youtube "Reefer 250 Loc-Line Return" that show how to setup it.

Great place. I drive an hour to go there

I go there even when I don't need .... ;Happy

My LFS too...almost all my current fishes are from there...:D

Same, 100% from them. :D

Corals.com

Jamal

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See with my build I'm not really to focused on coral more along the lines of the different variety of bubble tips and a 15 clown harem all clowns different occ morph... calcium carbonate to keep the water clean that's a first for me

OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See with my build I'm not really to focused on coral more along the lines of the different variety of bubble tips and a 15 clown harem all clowns different occ morph... calcium carbonate to keep the water clean that's a first for me

Sounds super fun, I was also between a clown harem and a regular reef. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Check Coral Snow product, it's really a super cool thing. But DIY is nice as well hehehe ...

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
Berlibee

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much are you dosing and how often
1ml-2ml for every 25g of water. I dose 3ml for my NET 55g of water. not counting rocks etc.
https://www.korallen-zucht.de/en/Salt-Water-Aquarium-Care/Elements/Coral-Snow.html - You can see instructions here as well for the sold product.

I dose it every other day. And double dose 6ml during the water changes after siphoning the sand bed.
Also when I need to clean the glass, I clean first - then I dose it, so particles cleaned from the glass are attached to it and then skimmed.

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back