A question regarding medications

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long does metronidazole stay in the water? Does metronidazole become undetectable in 8 hours? Or it needed to be removed by carbon?

I ask the same question for powdered praziquantel, does this need to be removed by carbon after 7 days or does it evaporate by itself?

Can I use seachem kanamycin with praziquantel? Or should I remove praziquantel with carbon?

Does seachem kanamycin do the same job as praziquantel by killing internal parasites?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long does metronidazole stay in the water? Does metronidazole become undetectable in 8 hours? Or it needed to be removed by carbon?

I ask the same question for powdered praziquantel, does this need to be removed by carbon after 7 days or does it evaporate by itself?

Can I use seachem kanamycin with praziquantel? Or should I remove praziquantel with carbon?

Does seachem kanamycin do the same job as praziquantel by killing internal parasites?
It’s complicated. Prazi is degraded by bacteria. The first time you dose it, it lasts about 36 hours. Then, second dose it might last 24 hours, third dose, perhaps 12. Eventually, the bacteria eat it just about as fast as you add it.

I don’t know if metronidazole is decomposed the same way, but it is often dosed every three days.

Kanamycin is an antibiotic and does not kill parasites. Praziquantel only kill on a one type of internal parasite, cestodes (tapeworms).

I try to use only one fish medication art a time, but prazi and kanamycin don’t directly react with one another. However, they both can stress the fish a little bit, so dosing at the same time increases that.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back