• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

a chalice frag pack grow out any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are fine corals. But that kind of price you can just buy them. Usually a growout are more center around getting some of the best very expensive corals and and growing them out and every one gets a piece. most times you are getting 4 - 10 times the value in the growout as what you put in. I know the pack that Sexy Mike is offering if you add it up is around $5000. A lot of us are hunting the more exoctic or more expensive corals.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
A

aautio1004

newbie in training
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a look at the pack from Joe's and that looked awesome to me, so if everyone else is cool with those I'd be down for that, otherwise if you guys want to still pitch a few other packs our way I'm alright with that too....either way, I'm in no rush.

BillyC

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I regret having to back out of this growout because you guys are looking at some amazing pieces! Some that stand out to me are the SC dynamite, RO Rainbow Crush, Merlin, and RMF Hypnosis. I have the hypnosis and can guarantee that it would easily be a favorite if you choose that. I've had it for 2 weeks and it seems like it'll be a moderate grower! Looking forward to seeing what else I missed out on haha!

AquaCave Logo Banner

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me just start off by saying I am a computer nerd and work from home and work all day by my frag tank where my desk is. I have had fish tanks for over 30 years, from guppies ending with breeding Discus as a hobby. Have had Saltwater for 4 years now but only got heavy into these designer corals in the last year. My main tank is a 75 Gallon LPS, Softy, Fish moving to a 180.

I have a dedicated 40 gal breeder frag tank. No FISH! This is only corals and a couple of snails. It has a 4-48'bulb T5 unit on it 2 AtI Blue Plus 1 ATI blue Special and 1 Fiji Purple. The legs are moved in to sit on 36 inch tank. I am running an ASM Skimmer, redoing the sump on the system right now to use an algea scrubber. I does BRS ALK, Cal, Mag every other day trace elements added once a week. 10 gal water change every 2 weeks. using a BRS 6 stage RODI unit. Frozen foods - brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, prawn mixed with selcon, cyclop-eeze, coral-frezy, vita-chem, decapsulated brine shrimp eggs, Fauna Marin Zoa Acan Food (based on M and M) and for dry feeding - Fauna Marin LPS pellet coral. I feed every other day and I alternate the food.

My frag tank has a lot of low light corals, Zoas, Acan, Favia, chalice, and Jawbreaker Mushroom (which is producing babies to trade). Zoas- Blue, red, purple hornets, cherry charms, woodstocks, ktar dragonballs z's, purple passions, pink eyes, candy apple reds, rastas, fruitloops, pink eyes, vivid rainbows, green galaxies, and others,

Favias, midas pot of gold, babies breath, mystic grape, raptar peace, ktars bleeding heart, priness, joe's Solar flare,
Acan - Audios Tye Dye Rainbow Acan, Pink and Gold Acans, Juicy Corals Pinky & Brain, Muay Thai Acans, Skittles, Yuki Perfect 10
Chalices - Volcano, Cornbreads 3G Mummy eye, Ultimate's 4 color Watermelon, Green Goblin, Tyree Miami Hurricane, Tyree Pink Watermelon Chalice
others, Jawbreaker, duncans, kryptonite candy cane Tyree Sunset Montipora Danae, Neon Green Nepthea Frags, Tyree "Flames from Hell" Lepastrea

That is just some of the things in my frag only tank. so there is no worry about things being knocked over or things being knocked into them.

If you have any specific question I would be happen to answer.

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am buying a Grython C-40 bandsaw in the middle of March so fragging will not be a problem. the only little issues is getting great pics for you guys in the updates. I will work on that. I neighbor has a great camera so I might see if she can come over and help me with the pics. I think I have the time and the facilities to make this growout sucessful.

OP
OP
A

aautio1004

newbie in training
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds great jerwin! I think youll do just fine as the grower. Sounds like youve got a great system and hqbits to keep everything happy. Ill send my deposit as soon as i get hkme from work tonight.

AS
Nutramar Foods

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys Robsreef has miss the buy in time. I told him I would give him until noon central time to let me know why he has not put his deposit down or pay the supplier. what do you guys want me to do after the deadline. I know the first standby guy is ready to go if robsreef is not in.

Cassklar

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if you gave us a deadline and we all paid I'm not trying to be mean or anything I think we should go with who ever is next in line that has the money to pay today I don't think it's right for the rest of us that we paid before deadline and we shouldnt have to wait any longer you gave us ample amou of time that's opinion like I said I am not trying to step on anybody's toes

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
A

aautio1004

newbie in training
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Robsreef just emailed me and told me he is extremely sick. I told him I would hold his spot until the end of business today.

That seems fair enough to me...things happen. However if his share isnt sent by today or at the very latest by noon tomorrow,i think we move on to standby number one. Also.not trying to be a jerk to robsreef, just trying to protect our frag pack and looking out for eveyone elses interests as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Premium Algae Scrubbers from Turbo's Aquatics!
Back