• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

a chalice frag pack grow out any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
A

aautio1004

newbie in training
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok...sounds like pending the details weve got our 5 guys then! Now we just need to work out the details of who's gonna start the grow and what were gonna get!
Alattner and RacinRevo0818, any input on what chalices you'd be interested in?

Top Shelf Aquatics

RacinRevo0818

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im new to all of this I would like to see crazy fox, wolverine, and dynamite. Even if we go in 400 a piece that gives us a lot of options. I am sure Mike at sc will hook us up. Local club got my miami, crazy fox and wolverine for 600 in a grow out. So I think we should see what he has to offer. Should we list our chalices and tank specs to decide on a grower? I am new at this I have a cad 50g with sump and only 2 chalices right now tyree pink watermelon and cornbread 3g. There both doing great but don't fill comfortable with the more expensive chalices just yet.

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well if there is no one else going to set up for the grow out I guess I can say I could be the grower. i have never been the grower before. this would only be my second growout. I have a 40 breeder tank set up for just frags. I also work from home so I can monitor the system. I do have a number of favias, acans, zoas, a jawbreaker mushroom putting out babies, a valcano chalice, green goblin, pink watermelon, 3g, and hurricane.

OP
OP
A

aautio1004

newbie in training
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also be ok with doing the growing if u dont want to or I could do the growing 2nd once they grow and we can split the frags again to split the risk.I have a 55 gal reef and a 29 gal reef, both have very stable params, and i've got about 15-20 chalices including a couple different mummy eyes, bgm, red, pink, blue, and purple watermelons,pink *******, bazooka joe, and a bunch of other no namers growing out and happy in my 2 systems already. But I think whomever does the growing we should all agree on, if that's alright with everyone. What's everyone else's experience/tank situations?

Top Shelf Aquatics

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you have to come up with a solid list, Then there has to be one grower. And he has to have the time to do it because once you start its on. Grower has to document everything going on with the frags along with picture up dates. at least twice a month. Think about how many you want involved not just to lower the price but the time frame. By that I mean the more people in the lower each member's fee would be but in turn a longer wait for the frags to grow out. And there is always a chance of frag loss, its just part of it. I have the crazy fox and If your looking for it let me know

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been looking at some of the other grow outs and seeing what has been growing. As much as I want it I think the BPC flamethrower has to be removed. the other growout has had not growth in theirs. Still 1 eye where the rest have 3+ eyes. This could really slow down the grow out.

I think 5 people is a good number in a grow out.

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed Mike @ sexycorals and Jason @ Jason fox. I have heard back from mike but nothing from Jason. I was reading in another growout where Jason never responded to them. I sent Mike the list of things we had looked at. he sent back this is what he has available for a growout and he was happy to work with us. ;) Got to love sexy Mike. ;)

Flash, dynamite, wolverine, my Miami, Sc my sexy, sc fire cracker, sc purple poison, sc bleeding apple, wizard 2.0

I will also contact Ian @ reefodessy and Todd at cherry corals to see what they have available for a grow out and if they will work with us.

CLICK TO VIEW

Reefing8EZ

unregistered
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed Mike @ sexycorals and Jason @ Jason fox. I have heard back from mike but nothing from Jason. I was reading in another growout where Jason never responded to them. I sent Mike the list of things we had looked at. he sent back this is what he has available for a growout and he was happy to work with us. ;) Got to love sexy Mike. ;)

Flash, dynamite, wolverine, my Miami, Sc my sexy, sc fire cracker, sc purple poison, sc bleeding apple, wizard 2.0

I will also contact Ian @ reefodessy and Todd at cherry corals to see what they have available for a grow out and if they will work with us.
Awesome list!

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys.

please be patient. I have reached out to some of the other sources of chalices and just waiting to hear back from them. I think we might have to use multiple suppliers but I think it will be worth it. I do know or few that would agree to help supplies with chalice. I am waiting to hear what they all have available. I do think I have my hands on a really hot one for the growing. So please stay tuned.

AquaCave Logo Banner

RacinRevo0818

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe knows reef has some pretty nice stuff right now to might throw him an email. He's got a sick chalice pack for 800
Tyree Volcano Chalice
Convict Chalice
Joe’s Capt America Chalice
Ktar’s OC Sunset Chalice
Check out his Tyree EE Merlin's Chalice

Chalice pack plus the Merlin's chalice would be SWEET!!!!

Avast

jerwin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have already been talking to him. I know what he has. I am still waiting on like 2 or 3 other people to respond back. but I think I have found some really nice stuff.

Chalices seem very thin right now for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

The Random Flow Generator® Nozzle by VCA
Back