7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they say what BTA she is?
They did not. The tank she came from was the guy's son's who went off to college and the anemone's had completely overtaken the tank. They were even growing on the glass, the back wall, anywhere they could grow. He was planning on tearing it down and consolidating his own tanks, so he was looking for homes for the nems.

In daylight, she doesn't look this vibrant and might be a rose? But under my lights, she really perks up and looks amazing.

Mostly, I'm just happy that she seems happy and the clowns also seem happy with her! Anything else is just bonus.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They did not. The tank she came from was the guy's son's who went off to college and the anemone's had completely overtaken the tank. They were even growing on the glass, the back wall, anywhere they could grow. He was planning on tearing it down and consolidating his own tanks, so he was looking for homes for the nems.

In daylight, she doesn't look this vibrant and might be a rose? But under my lights, she really perks up and looks amazing.

Mostly, I'm just happy that she seems happy and the clowns also seem happy with her! Anything else is just bonus.
Does the foot have marbling?

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the true colors - oral disc, tentacles, tentacle tips, etc.
Hmmm…it’s kind pink-ish? The foot looks mostly white, I think. I’ll see if I can stare into its mouth-hole in a bit.
return of the jedi episode 6 GIF by Star Wars

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I’ve got uglies I’m working through for sure! How old is your tank?
It is about 15 years old. I have a hydroid infestation that is going to cause me to tear down the tank and dry everything out. I have a 60 cube I was in the process of gathering equipment to start the build, but have been drawn to smaller nano's such as the Waterbox 20 Cube. So I might put the 60 equipment gathering/build on hold and jump both feet in to a nano build.

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is about 15 years old. I have a hydroid infestation that is going to cause me to tear down the tank and dry everything out. I have a 60 cube I was in the process of gathering equipment to start the build, but have been drawn to smaller nano's such as the Waterbox 20 Cube. So I might put the 60 equipment gathering/build on hold and jump both feet in to a nano build.
I’ve had this tank (32g) and a previous biocube that was 12g. I’m glad I went a little bigger, but for me I feel like nano’s are more manageable if maybe a bit harder to keep stable.

But then, I’ve never had a big tank because I don’t think I’ll ever be able to afford one.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve had this tank (32g) and a previous biocube that was 12g. I’m glad I went a little bigger, but for me I feel like nano’s are more manageable if maybe a bit harder to keep stable.

But then, I’ve never had a big tank because I don’t think I’ll ever be able to afford one.
I got my tank for free out of a dumpster...

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my tank for free out of a dumpster...
Usually the tank is the least expensive part of it all. Then there’s the equipment, which all seems to be more expensive the bigger you need, the lighting, the live rock, stocking it…

OP
OP
7of9

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like it’s easier to have a nice tank on a limited budget when you go nano size, but that’s just me.

Now, if I suddenly had a bigger budget, I’d probably start itching for a larger tank. Maybe my budget is saving me from myself?

Last edited:

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Usually the tank is the least expensive part of it all. Then there’s the equipment, which all seems to be more expensive the bigger you need, the lighting, the live rock, stocking it…
Yeah... I made most of my rock and won most of my equipment in giveaways otherwise I wouldn't have half of what I have

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back