3d Printed Aquarium Parts Archive

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I try to give myself a headache…..I randomly ran across a bracket to hang a standard 10” rodi type cartridge filter over the glass in a sump a while back but can’t find it for the life of me now. I needed to run some carbon the other day (I just throw a rodi cartridge full of carbon in the sump and plug it into my manifold) and thought….oh yeah, there was a bracket on thingiverse for that. I tried searching for everything I could think of to no avail. I think, but am not certain, that it was just a basic angle bracket with two tabs that fit into the two screw slots of the plastic wall bracket on most single rodi type canisters. If anyone has a link to this I would appreciate it. Otherwise I’ll try to whip one up but I need to get help measuring as I haven’t invested in talking measurement instruments yet (I haven’t found talking calipers to be honest, tape measure yes although I’m sure it’s not accurate).
Well, never found it…I probably imagined it. Seeing things and talking to myself, just another Wednesday. I whipped one up. Nothing special and crude but it works. If you have one of those standard, single 10” rodi type canisters (like from brs) with the plastic wall mount on top….then this works to hang it on a rimless glass sump of 10mm (3/8”) or less thickness.

IMG_0800.jpeg

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea Rsk900 skimmer calcium reactor effluent clip. I gave up trying to make it perfect. I spent way too much time on this. I can feel where it isn’t quite right, under where the tubing enters. There’s a ridge and I just can’t figure out how to to smooth it out. But hey, it works.

IMG_0807.jpeg

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on those AI lights with Noctua fans....they're still working great. I should have done it years ago. I did set the OEM round screen thing back on top of the fans, but only because I found that I end up with my fingers or hair or beard way too close to the blades.

Next, for the last few years I've been using a this frag rack in my QT. It works really well, but the problem is that the snails and/or urchins get under it and flip it over. I usually keep it wedged between a few rocks, but they move those too.
Part of the problem is that this is a bare bottom tank, so it's easy for animals to get under it and the rack has no way of holding itself in place, even a good breeze off the wave maker can move it.

This is what I came up with:

It goes in the tank with the flat side on the bottom and then you can set a rock on it to keep it in place.
If anyone prints this, it works perfectly as is. However, it's a tight fit for some plugs (variations in size, crud on them from being in the tank etc) that it wouldn't be a terrible idea to print them just a hair bigger.

Attachments

• X0ZFyfB.jpg
    X0ZFyfB.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot 2024-06-02 091636.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-02 091636.png
    692 KB · Views: 60

Kirkfrey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got around to making this....

Anyone that has a Neptune AFS (automatic feeder) and has been annoyed at how the pellet food gets in the middle and how much of a PITA it is to fill should like this - AFS feeder funnel and cover. It fits over the AFS body that holds the food, covers the middle part that always gets food in it that you have to get a toothpick to get out. Hopefully others find this as helpful as I do...

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Does anyone know where I can find a mount for the AutoAqua Smart AWC Duo’s controller? I’m planning a control panel for my tank and this is the only mount that I can’t find.
I have one of those and found it came with mounting holes. Love it btw.
what did you have in mind?

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made this impeller bushing for the Jebao sow-4 wavemaker. I lost mine while cleaning it. This works as good as the original for me.

Last edited:

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing too special here. My Mastertronic is in a spare bedroom, but the light from the LCD is bright enough to bleed into my bedroom at night. This is a remix (if you can call it that) of parametric hinge SCAD file. I used OpenSCAD to set the normal parameters you'd expect for a hinge (dimensions, number of screw holes (zero), hinge size etc). Then I moved it over to Tinkercad and put a 'window' on one side. The file, as posted, works perfectly well. However, if I were going to make it again, I'd make a few adjustments so it opens and closes *slightly* easier (you need some friction so it stays where you put it) as well as a small fix so it closes all the way, instead of a few degrees short of all the way.
Also, super easy to install. With the hinge 'open', get it lined up where you want it and tape the top half in place. Not necessary, but I then traced the inner/outer parts of the bottom half of the hinge. Flip the bottom half up, apply superglue, flip it back down, add some tape to hold it tight to the unit while the glue dries and that's it.

Link to imgur gallery if these images don't load properly.
Here's my version.
Original file here.

Zissou Intern

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have one of those and found it came with mounting holes. Love it btw.
what did you have in mind?

Sorry for the slow reply. I was looking for a slot type holder mostly to keep things consistent with my other controllers. Actually, I had forgotten that the AutoAqua AWC Duo had holes until you mentioned it. I ended up ordering a custom mount from SmartReefIntegration on Etsy. I just provided the measurements and received the mount about a week later. It turned out pretty well.

IMG_0774.jpeg

blackwidowreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My frag rack

Griev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my nori feeder that uses a 1/2" PVC pipe;

Plus, an updated version of my auto feeder mount that supports it;

It is designed to fit my IM-200, which is eurobraced, but it shouldn't be too hard to remix for your tank if needed.

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the main components to my AMS riser completed. 12-16 hours for the 4 parts of the body. Also installed a LED light strip and really like the extra light.
20240419_093319.jpg
20240419_093328.jpg
20240419_093340.jpg
I have the same setup as you. very happy. like you said, it just prints. I even replaced the stainless parts for hardened ($45) to make it closer to the x1c.

I love the riser, slots for the print plates very handy....would you have a link to the stl files?

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have the same setup as you. very happy. like you said, it just prints. I even replaced the stainless parts for hardened ($45) to make it closer to the x1c.

I love the riser, slots for the print plates very handy....would you have a link to the stl files?
I have the hardened steel parts but haven't swapped them out yet. Currently I only print PLA, PTEG, ABS, and TPU.

It's on maker world, there's a lot of accessories you can print to add on to it. I printed the tool holder and a spool holder and tube guide.

A Y adapter for the AMS so I can easily load and unload an external spool.

But here's the riser I printed

chpke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also throw the Bambu A1 into the entry level machine line up. Though a bit more expensive than the Ender 3 v3, it has some really nice features.

The A1 mini is really cool too, if you just need smaller prints 180x180x180.

Plus AMS lite....
+1 for Bambu Labs A1 mini - especially if you want a no hassle plug and play machine. Other machines with open source have advantages in flexibility, but if you are new to 3D printers you may appreciate not having to build, modify, repair, adjust and load freeware. That is unless you like doing all that stuff.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just because he just put it out and he is pretty good despite those little annoying mustachio things...

if i were on his set you wouldn't want to trust me with scissors...

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back