Polymate3D

Polymate3D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take 2 - Day 27

PXL_20240821_174948566.jpg

Boring update. Aquarium is just running along fine. The SPS that was bleaching that I moved into here has gone. the Palys are settling now at the front. The toadstool is happy till about 6PM when it shrinks up. Yellow Zoas on too has a 3rd little polyp now and the 2 Kenya tree frags are looking good and happy.

Temperature has remained stable and water changes are easy. Water evaporation each week is super minimal and the premixed saltwater from my LFS is resulting in the refractometer being rather pointless on this tank. So far it hasn't change more than a single point over a week, and the 50% water changes negate out any change anyway

Algae is being controlled by a hermit crab which goes in every now and then. Over 27 days he has been in twice and will go in again soon.

The 1.7L IKEA Jar and 5L 18cm cubes are in development at the moment and it is likely that the 1.7L IKEA jar will adopt these corals and make a permanent home for the hermit crab and a little goby. This one however will still run until that moment.

What I can conclude is the circuits work and work well. The thermistor on the back isn't ideal, and so new ideas will be used on future pico's.

Running a small volume reef aquarium like this 0.7L seems to be entirely possible and easy permitting the equipment is made for it and it has a tight sealing lid. Running open top or with big holes for power cables is not something you want.

By having the motor for the pump external and the heating from underneath, no wires go into the aquarium enabling a very tight fitting lid and good water stability.

See you in the next one. Should be at least 1 or 2 updates left before the transistion!

- Paul

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back