125 Gallon 6 x 1.5 ft stocking

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’ve been convinced to go with a 125 gallon 6 ft X 1.5 ft tank instead of a 4x2x2 that I was considering in my previous thread. All the fish I was considering id still like to do in a 125. I decided on a regal angel, dwarf angel, a butterflyfish, a couple fairy wrasse most likely exquisite and isosceles, flasher wrasse, clownfish pair, royal gramma, firefish, banggai cardinal. I’d definitely like to add a yellow tang. What else should I consider? Fish only tank

Last edited:

wjm6449

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 125 I rock two clowns. Tomini tang yellow tang and sailfin tang. Lawnmower blenny, sand shifting goby 3 anthias, Exsquisite wrasse and 6 line wrasse and blue devil damsel. (When he’s bigger I’ll probably trade him away if he’s a dick like he’s supposedly going to be)

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 125 I rock two clowns. Tomini tang yellow tang and sailfin tang. Lawnmower blenny, sand shifting goby 3 anthias, Exsquisite wrasse and 6 line wrasse and blue devil damsel. (When he’s bigger I’ll probably trade him away if he’s a dick like he’s supposedly going to be)
He will be. The fish is aptly named!

OP
OP
S

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to list a pair of clownfish as well for my list. I’m not sure if I want to add another tang besides the yellow tang especially if they will have any risk of aggression with eachother and I’m happy with just a yellow tang. I’d rather more butterflyfish or wrasse if possible. Does anyone know if it’s 1 butterfly per tank for this size?

OP
OP
S

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also would I be able to keep a Goldflake or Majestic with the Regal Angel or maybe a regal pair in the 125 or still just 1 big Angel for this size tank?

Last edited:

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 125 (same as your looking at) had these:
2 clowns
Regal angel
French angel - (re homed after he started fighting with the regal)
3 triggerfish
2 eels
4 tangs (yellow, purple, blue, powder brown - lost the blue and got a juv naso)
2 butterflies
2 lionfish
Marine betta
Porcupine puffer

If that helps. Had a huge skimmer with the predators.

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also would I be able to keep a Goldflake or Majestic with the Regal Angel or maybe a regal pair in the 125 or still just 1 big Angel for this size tank?
Both should be good. My french juvenile was fine with the regal for a while but as I learned they are nasty… those two I see housed with regals a lot!

OP
OP
S

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 125 (same as your looking at) had these:
2 clowns
Regal angel
French angel - (re homed after he started fighting with the regal)
3 triggerfish
2 eels
4 tangs (yellow, purple, blue, powder brown - lost the blue and got a juv naso)
2 butterflies
2 lionfish
Marine betta
Porcupine puffer

If that helps. Had a huge skimmer with the predators.
Which butterflyfish did you keep. A pair or two different species? Nice stock list.

OP
OP
S

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both should be good. My french juvenile was fine with the regal for a while but as I learned they are nasty… those two I see housed with regals a lot!
Would you say it would be better to attempt a regal pair or regal with another species let’s just say majestic because they’re cheaper and I like the transition of them

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which butterflyfish did you keep. A pair or two different species? Nice stock list.
That annoying klieni I mentioned in your other thread and a raccoon.

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you say it would be better to attempt a regal pair or regal with another species let’s just say majestic because they’re cheaper and I like the transition of them
I say majestic and regal. Same size roughly and different colors. Never tried a regal pair. I was going to do the majestic and a regal in my big tank (after loosing my regal to a dang cucumber in the return pump) since I miss her but decided not to. Maybe add together or the regal first then the majestic

OP
OP
S

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to have less tangs in exchange for more butterflyfish, Angel, wrasse capacity. A single yellow tang I would be ok with. A powder blue tang would be the one I’d want to add as a second. Not sure if it would be worth adding though

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to have less tangs in exchange for more butterflyfish, Angel, wrasse capacity. A single yellow tang I would be ok with. A powder blue tang would be the one I’d want to add as a second. Not sure if it would be worth adding though
Not in this tank. Made that mistake, lost my first regal angel and a harlequin tusk to her. She was a murderer and she then went after my old purple tang that was a rescue and my yellow tang and that was it! Rehomed. Sooo tempting because they are beautiful!

OP
OP
S

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not in this tank. Made that mistake, lost my first regal angel and a harlequin tusk to her. She was a murderer and she then went after my old purple tang that was a rescue and my yellow tang and that was it! Rehomed. Sooo tempting because they are beautiful!
Ok so let’s call it just a yellow as far as tangs go for me. It’ll let it shine as the only tang.

OP
OP
S

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I’ll probably be running a solid sized skimmer whatever the biggest I can fit in the sump I go with is.

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so let’s call it just a yellow as far as tangs go for me. It’ll let it shine as the only tang.
You could add a purple last or at the same time similar size, I love those two together. Super cool! Theres a few others too that would be good, powder blues are just so mean :(

OP
OP
S

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could add a purple last or at the same time similar size, I love those two together. Super cool! Theres a few others too that would be good, powder blues are just so mean :(
Also, keeping in mind I’d like to have some fish on the size of a firefish, so hopefully sticking to more peaceful side on the biggest fish I add. If possible. I heard purples can get aggressive in general. Which is why I haven’t mentioned them. Didn’t know the powder blues were mean as well.

DrkNMighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, keeping in mind I’d like to have some fish on the size of a firefish, so hopefully sticking to more peaceful side on the biggest fish I add. If possible. I heard purples can get aggressive in general. Which is why I haven’t mentioned them. Didn’t know the powder blues were mean as well.
I have a regular firefish and a helfrichi firefish in my 120G along with 2 tangs, foxface, 5 wrasses, 2 different types of anthias, and a hawkfish.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back