Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. It is probably a difference in the added type and the tested type. There are more types of iodine than there are Reindeer... Iodine, iodate, iodide, organic, inoragnic, Blitzen, Prancer and probably Iodonner? I am not a pro on this, but... Dr. Holmes-Farley has a few very in-depth articles about iodine. Your salt mix should be able to tell you the PPM of which kind that it has.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen this reported many times. Iodine can deplete very fast. Dosing it is a fine experiment to see if it appears to help anything. I didn’t personally see any benefit to dosing.

AS
OP
OP
Jizu Puentes

Jizu Puentes

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a look my previous triton test that was from a year prior and the level on that one was 10 so I guess the low reading is normal for me and I never paid attention to it. I might dose their recommended amount just to see if anything changes. Thanks for the replies!

Mike Reef Addict

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW When I started the hobby iodine an strontium were the thing to do, so when I ordered my lights I added a Kent reef starter kit, I used all of the small bottles an read not to dose iodine. Started Randy's 2 part an everything was ok then I didn't have the polyp expansion and tissue receding on my candy canes and my Euphylias weren't opening as well. So I ordered some Iodine and started to dose again 8 drops a day for the first two weeks now I have lowered it to half a dose 4 drops every day because I don't have a test kit yet.

To make a long story short seem to have done the trick an is working well in my mixed reef LPS and softies I only have one SPS that I bought as a LPS come to find out it wasn't a Favia as I was told it is Merulina ampliata lol

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a look my previous triton test that was from a year prior and the level on that one was 10 so I guess the low reading is normal for me and I never paid attention to it. I might dose their recommended amount just to see if anything changes. Thanks for the replies!

If you dose it, let us know if you see any changes. :)

I recommend an iodide product.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Ultimate Corals
Back