Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a clownfish and an orchid dottyback that’ve been the only fish in the tank for quite awhile. I just added a smaller Yasha and they seem to be picking on it, is there any way to mitigate their aggression towards it?

Avast

Lavey29

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a clownfish and an orchid dottyback that’ve been the only fish in the tank for quite awhile. I just added a smaller Yasha and they seem to be picking on it, is there any way to mitigate their aggression towards it?
What size is the tank? You can use an acclimation box or place a mirror on the side to confuse the aggressive fish. You can also rearrange the rocks so it appears to be a new environment.

World Wide Corals

sc50964

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got goby s blennies, dottyback etc.... never any issues.
Dottybacks are known to be territorial but every tank is different so u must have done something right to alleviate that typical prob or maybe you are just lucky, but the op clearly has an issue with that so

Avast
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
C

coralnoob22

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yasha goby with a candy cane pistol shrimp. They build a home under the rockwork in the sand. Do you have sand or bare bottom?
I have a pretty deep sand bed. So far this Yasha can’t seem to find a spot it won’t get picked on. I think the dottyback is going back to the LFS

sc50964

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s
I have a yasha goby with a candy cane pistol shrimp. They build a home under the rockwork in the sand. Do you have sand or bare bottom?
That’s a good pt as I just assumed it has a sand bed. For most gobies, it’s best to keep at least a 2” sand bed for better long term success. Pistol shrimps def need the sand.

sc50964

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pretty deep sand bed. So far this Yasha can’t seem to find a spot it won’t get picked on. I think the dottyback is going back to the LFS
Not sure how big the tank is so you may also still have issue with the clown. A way to alleviate that is to get her a nem so they should both stay within their zones

BRS
OP
OP
C

coralnoob22

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s

That’s a good pt as I just assumed it has a sand bed. For most gobies, it’s best to keep at least a 2” sand bed for better long term success. Pistol shrimps def need the sand.
It’s 32 AIO, the sandbed is probably 2.5-3” most of the way

Corals.com
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

JBJAquarium.com
Back