Why is almost everything out of stock and seems to never be back in stock on online websites to order inverts/fish?

Silver34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping to start a Caribbean/Tropical Western Atlantic biotope soon and I want to order oddball fish like Sailfin/Pike blennies from in this case KP aquatics these are never in stock and never seem to be back in stock almost everything on this online website and other websites is never in stock and every time I check they are still out of stock. So if anybody could tell me why this is? And how to get my hands on these beautiful species I am looking to get that would be very appreciated.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping to start a Caribbean/Tropical Western Atlantic biotope soon and I want to order oddball fish like Sailfin/Pike blennies from in this case KP aquatics these are never in stock and never seem to be back in stock almost everything on this online website and other websites is never in stock and every time I check they are still out of stock. So if anybody could tell me why this is? And how to get my hands on these beautiful species I am looking to get that would be very appreciated.

To summarize, they are a small, family owned business that focuses on live rock. They don't focus on fishes but get them in season. Right now it's hurricane season and I bet they are not to keen on going off shore to collect rock, fish, or even live sand under the circumstances? I bet visibility is still poor and the USCG supports them not going out until sea conditions improve?
1728158440075.png

That's them on their massive sea going vessel on a good day.
What brand of motor makes the Rude? :thinking-face: :cool:

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Did you sign up for email waitlist? I finally got two fish from them but I waited over a year, was worth it, incredibly healthy fish and excellent communication.

If you see it pop up from the waitlist, buy immediately. They don't last long and oftentimes they have just 1 fish.

But ya, if you want something unusual/rare, you have to wait... often a long time.

OP
OP
S

Silver34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much. The second I get my tank ready, I will join the waitlist for the species I am looking to get. Also, what species of fish did you end up getting, and can you show us some pictures of them?

BetteMidler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you sign up for email waitlist? I finally got two fish from them but I waited over a year, was worth it, incredibly healthy fish and excellent communication.

If you see it pop up from the waitlist, buy immediately. They don't last long and oftentimes they have just 1 fish.

But ya, if you want something unusual/rare, you have to wait... often a long time.
Yep, I missed the notification & fish was gone. Be prepared to buy once notified. May I ask if it was the Atlantic Longnose? I was on that list for a long time.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much. The second I get my tank ready, I will join the waitlist for the species I am looking to get. Also, what species of fish did you end up getting, and can you show us some pictures of them?
Join now. IF the fish comes in and you are not ready pass, someone else will grab it! Good luck!

BetteMidler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a photo I just took of my single Greenblotch Parrotfish, Sparisoma atomarium

KP Aquatics carry these, but I got them somewhere else. Never been notified by KP for over a year. I've had him 1+ years:
1000003070.jpg

OP
OP
S

Silver34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful, if I ever get the opportunity to have a large tank, I definitely would get a juvenile parrotfish to see the metamorphosis in coloration they go through and the juvenile cleaning behavior, which is just mesmerizing.

BetteMidler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful, if I ever get the opportunity to have a large tank, I definitely would get a juvenile parrotfish to see the metamorphosis in coloration they go through and the juvenile cleaning behavior, which is just mesmerizing.
These only get 3-4 inches max regardless what you research. The one photo above is <3"

There was an article in Reef Hobbyist magazine about them, Q4 2019 issue.

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I missed the notification & fish was gone. Be prepared to buy once notified. May I ask if it was the Atlantic Longnose? I was on that list for a long time.

Yes, I was on the list so long I forgot I was on the list until I got the email :p

It mostly just wants to eat live worms

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KP really started focusing more on rock after Phillipp took it over full time. Both KP and Reeftopia don't bother to collect fish and crustaceans when it's this hot. Reeftopia would be a better choice for what your trying to accomplish. I think they'll start collecting again in the next couple weeks. You can call Pete Monday and tell him what your looking for.... 305-745-6599.

OP
OP
S

Silver34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KP really started focusing more on rock after Phillipp took it over full time. Both KP and Reeftopia don't bother to collect fish and crustaceans when it's this hot. Reeftopia would be a better choice for what your trying to accomplish. I think they'll start collecting again in the next couple weeks. You can call Pete Monday and tell him what your looking for.... 305-745-6599.

Thank you for the info greatly it is appreciated I will look into Reeftopia and go from there.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back