What's the worst thing you've ever dropped in your tank?

BRS
Top Shelf Aquatics
Corals.com

Conchman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel bad, just the dry side of a cleaning magnet, testing syringe and occasionally the net lid slips in a bit..compared to some I am getting off lucky, I work in foods, guess I treat it as an open product zone...:)

2F2ZDVR3TBDJDOJHX27PWP5IVU.jpg

HuneyBear

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, you win the award for longest list... AA battery, nerf bullets and car keys ?!?!? My car keys are - supposedly - fully waterproof, but I'm not game to try !
Between my wife and nephew I don’t know whose worse around tanks. She’s guilty of a few of the items and is still a danger. Now that he’s a teenager and understands more he is not much of a worry. When he was little he would play in the tank room, and curiosity took over occasionally.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

jda

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a room mate in college set a bucket of pine sol mopping water on the top of my tank... it spilled into the tank... not all of it but about a gallon. My corals and fish really suffered, but I did not lose much over time. He felt awful and saw it as a sign to never clean again.

I put in a black tang once that tried to eat every polyp off of all of my SPS. The worst part is that I was warned that it was a LPS eater, but I risked it anyway.

Clownfish_Boy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never dropped anything into the tank myself, but my autistic son dropped an entire bowl of potato chips and who knows what else -into the tank.... Made such a mess that I had to break down my setup, take all the fish back to the LFS, clean everything of oily potato chip mush, and set up new again.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've dropped lit lights into the tank at least twice. They go dark pretty fast as the GFCI trips. lol

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
Review score
+5 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+5 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Remote controls are the bane of my existence... They ALWAYS go missing in our house (though thankfully never in the tank - yet). I always tell my kids that when I rule the world, remote controls will be 24 inches square, and glow-in-the-dark, so - hopefully - impossible to lose...

Found some photos to show....

IMG_8419.JPG
IMG_8421.JPG

AS

Brett S

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one wasn’t me, but I used to work at a company that repaired computers. One of our clients was Sysco, the food service company. Their drivers carried laptops at the time and often accidentally damaged them. The best was a laptop that I got with a note that just said “Fell into lobster tank.” I opened it up, but there was so much corrosion everywhere that the laptop was a total loss.

Nutramar Foods

revenant

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped a can of cat food (Fancy Feast) in my mixing station like two days ago... I am not sure if that qualifies though lol.
... but I have had my air pods fall out from time to time while whipping around and I was working on the tank while talking so I was starting to connect the dots on that situation. ;)

Last edited:
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Back