What's one fish you regret ever having bought?

BRS

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We talk a lot about those "best" fish in our tanks. That might be the priest fish, the fish with the best personality, the best fish for doing a particular job... but what about the worst fish? That might be a fish that has been a bully, a fish that went rogue and ate your favorite coral, or the fish that just aggravates you for one reason or another. What say you? What's the fish you regret ever having bought? Why?

1.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

CasperOe

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My six lyretail anthias' ... As beautiful as they are (... were!) i never really managed to get them to eat properly even with two different dry auto feeders and liquid food on tap. I blame my self, I knew i should have stuck with chromies in stead back then...

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroon Gold stripe Clown Fish - Female Adult. This was in my 125 packed SPS tank. Everytime I reached into the tank and was anywhere near her area - Whack she nailed me.

Tried to catch her with nets -- No Go
Tried with Traps - No Go
Tried with Siphon - No Go
Tried with Wet Dry Vac - No Go

Finally opened my hand wide spread and reached right into 'her' area. She of course bit be in the meat between thumb and pointer finger. And when she bit down I yanked my hand back - Pulling the fish out of the tank and onto the floor.

She spent many years after that in an outdoor rock sump before she found a home at a classroom tank out in Palm Springs.

I hated that fish.

There have been angels here and there that have torn into corals. And I have always been able to easily catch troublemakers. But she was a pain.

Dave B

RFGuy_KCCO

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diamond Goby, for sure. Mine constantly tears up the gravel, even moving large quantities from one side of the tank to the other. He drives me nuts.

A more distant second would be my 3x Pajama Cardinals. They do nothing but hover in the water in one place. Pretty boring fish.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My original pair of common occ clowns. Had them too long to get rid of at this point as my daughter is attached and named them. They are by far the most aggressive fish I own. They have been banished to their own fluval evo.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Right now, its between the desjardini tang and the Lavender tang, although my sailfin is starting to put the Lavender in its place.
The Dussomieri is in time out as it would not leave clown tang alone.
Im amazed as to How my tank devil the Purple tang has really mellowed out.

Desjardini (center):

1685119248946.png

bushdoc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powder Brown. Bullied to death numerous fish and initially I couldn’t even catch him to give him away to LFS.
Now he is more mellow and coexist with many other fish, including those which I introduced recently.He is the most active fish I have and gives me lots of joy, so I have forgiven him his deadly sins.

Avast
AquaCave Logo Banner

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Velvet Damsel......a devil fish. Beautiful fish, but after murdering three of my other community fish, it was removed and put into a witness protection program....a friend's tank that was an aggressive fish only tank. Other than clownfish, I've sworn off all other damsels.

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Powder Brown. Bullied to death numerous fish and initially I couldn’t even catch him to give him away to LFS.
Now he is more mellow and coexist with many other fish, including those which I introduced recently.He is the most active fish I have and gives me lots of joy, so I have forgiven him his deadly sins.
The reason Powder brown is not one of my 200 tangs - same with scopas

BRS

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Blue Velvet Damsel......a devil fish. Beautiful fish, but after murdering three of my other community fish, it was removed and put into a witness protection program....a friend's tank that was an aggressive fish only tank. Other than clownfish, I've sworn off all other damsels.
No kidding- that striking blue fish you love and quickly hate and then trying to catch the thing to get it out

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
WWW.ANIMATEDCORALS.COM
Back