Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm its a bit early to say my dragon wrasse. I Know they get aggressive later in life but at the moment it is doing the opposite and is being the perfect dither fish that has made my other fish less wimpy. But my better answer is my Yellowtail tamarin which has not been nearly as difficult or as timid as I was expecting but is in fact a bold fish that instantly acclimated to my tank.

Attachments

• IMG_3120.jpeg
    IMG_3120.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3102.jpeg
    IMG_3102.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 16
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm its a bit early to say my dragon wrasse. I Know they get aggressive later in life but at the moment it is doing the opposite and is being the perfect dither fish that has made my other fish less wimpy. But my better answer is my Yellowtail tamarin which has not been nearly as difficult or as timid as I was expecting but is in fact a bold fish that instantly acclimated to my tank.
Beautiful dragon wrasse!

Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Operation Philo Beddoe

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
I feel like sometimes we buy a fish, and are unsure about, but we are surprised with how it acts. Maybe the fish acts friendly with all the other fish in the tank, or maybe it becomes aggressive with other fish. I am wondering what is a fish that has surprised you the most?
Royal Gramma. I was told I could only have 1 in a tank. I have 3 in an 8’ with tons of rock and they are almost always in the water column. I ended up with 2 males and a female, seems to be a great balance. She picked one Gramma, but visits the other, and so forth. My Grammies make nests too. One tries to line his cave with shrimp antenna. Carries it like a dog with a bone. I love watching their interactions.

AS

goldfish423

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Blennies- I have 5, but the striped and canary are my faves- always out in the open, hang together and swim with the other fish too
All in one tank? I have a blenny obsession. and haven't tried multiples. but I'd like to.
keep em in separate tanks for now.

AS

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has to have been my two angels.
So far they’re mostly reef safe (I have had a Duncan start to leg it but I can’t blame them… I have 4-5 other RSWC fish).
514447D7-08BC-4494-922B-E09A70D46C89.jpeg

57261C85-EC4A-410B-BEAD-A2E36CF9F4C8.jpeg

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nutramar Foods

Indeva

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a very sad story, but we were all shocked and amazed. I have an AIO at the office. Its about 3 years old and everyone at the office loves it. Over a weekend the ATO controller failed. The water level dropped in the pump chamber. That chamber also housed the UV sterilizer. The water dropped low enough that it exposed the UV sterilizer to air. The UV sterilizer got hot enough that the bulb broke. It was a Chernobyl event. I showed up on a Monday morning and everything was dead. SPS, LPS, instantly bleached. Bacon, the long nose hawk and Luciano the storm clown had passed. The entire CUC gone, my back wall of GSP gone. The level of pain was more than I could imagine.

I started to tear down the tank. Had all of the rocks out, and started to pull the sand out. At this moment, I saw a glimmer of hope, a slight movement in the sand. I carefully put the rocks back in, changed 80% of the water and filled every inch of the back chambers with carbon. I didn't tell anyone, i just kept target feeding the area of sand movement.

A few days later everyone in the office was amazed to see that Butters, the yellow coris wrasse survived. Because he stayed in the sand, it must have protected him from the Chernobyl event. Its been a month now and Butters is doing remarkably well. Even though the tank is going back through the ugly stage again, we're starting to see some of the softies coming back to life.

So yeah, Butters surprised all of us. If it wasn't for him, I would have thrown the entire tank in the dumpster.

Baby Butters:
Butters 1.png

Butters this morning:
Butters 2.png

ARGYGANG

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All in one tank? I have a blenny obsession. and haven't tried multiples. but I'd like to.
keep em in separate tanks for now.
i keep a few different ones in a 90g, just keep different ones for different things example being canary or fanged for mid level flame tail for rocks and algae for grazing is what i keep in my 90 and they dont even bat a eye at each other.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a yellow assessor that went missing for MONTHS in my last tank...like 6 months!!! And then one day, he just decided to come out of hiding like nothing had ever happened. LOL

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back