Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a 500 gpd sidestream RO unit with booster and everything for 50 used. Honestly thought I was just buying the housings and a working pump with the rest broken, the guy got it from someone else himself and was adamant it wouldn't work and he wants to get rid of it.

Aside from being a bit dirty, it was like new. The membrane still does 3 TDS a couple years later

OrlandoAIOReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a 500 gpd sidestream RO unit with booster and everything for 50 used. Honestly thought I was just buying the housings and a working pump with the rest broken, the guy got it from someone else himself and was adamant it wouldn't work and he wants to get rid of it.

Aside from being a bit dirty, it was like new. The membrane still does 3 TDS a couple years later
Is tds meter good?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Paul B

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get a lot of fish for free from dealers that are sick. Not the dealer, the fish. :anguished-face: because they feel they can't or don't have the means to cure them.

The most recent was a copperband covered in ich I got for five bucks. I cured it in a couple of days and he was a great fish.

I also recently got a clown gobi with so many parasites on it I couldn't tell if it was a fish or something with the heartbreak of psoriasis. After a couple of days in my reef he was fine and I think is still living and that was years ago. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Nutramar Foods

Nemo&Friends

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Free 125G aquarium found on the road side placed there to be picked up by trash pick up. My husband rebuilt it.

In fact all my aquarium but one have been free. First one was a fresh water, gold fish aquarium that had been abandoned by tenants when they moved out. Water was so dirty, we could not see the fish in it. I still have that aquarium, it was a 40 G and is used now to grow macro algae with pj cardinal, and dart fish.

First salt 55 G aquarium was given to me along with all equipment and 2 damsel around 10 or 12 years ago as my friend was leaving the hobby. I replaced the equipment over the years, and the 55g was replaced by the 125G. Still have one of the damsel.
I also had gotten 2 empty aquarium a 20 G and a 30 G abandoned by a tenants. One eventually leaked at the seam and I had to replace it. Bought replacement on sale at Petco for less than. $40.00.
I never had any intention to go in the hobby, but chance or Karma led me to it.

Nutramar Foods

elysics

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow very good for couple years of use, how many gallons you think u use monthly ?
Not much, maybe 26 gal a month. But still, official life expectancy for these membranes is something like 3-5 years iirc.

Then again, just the membrane alone is like 110€ new

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In July 2019, I purchased a DSA 65 Gallon Aquarium, $400 Cash. . It came with a stand, LifeReef Skimmer, and Sump with Three Media Chambers. A couple of boxes of “Junk,” which had three almost new Danner Supreme Pumps, a 36” LED Light, “My First LED.” A Four Section LifeGard Filter Assembly’, barely used. Fluval G3, barely used. Filter Pads, Various Chemical Media, all kinds of Cleaning Equipment. The Stand at first appeared to be in rough shape, but was just dirty, zero water damage. Refinished the Stand. Acid Cleaned the Aquarium, and it was perfect.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have multiple tanks so everything has to be on sale or a super deal. I couldn’t be in this hobby "Full Price". Offer Up and Raffles are my friend. That and Saul @Innovative Marine 's Blems department.
Raffles have been huge for me haha, definitely helps when you spend a couple bucks on a raffle (or nothing) and end up getting something you’ve been wanting.

Nutramar Foods

Slocke

Wrasse Nerd
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this healthy and beautiful Anampses meleagrides for 30$. According to certain online stores it’s worth a few hundred.
IMG_3102.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Cheese Griller

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back when I kept freshwater I got a 240 gallon with stand, filtration and lights for $400. We had to drive it over the Golden Gate Bridge in a pickup truck that couldn’t even fit it in the bed so we had to secure it with straps!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Black Label Aquatics
Back