What's happening with my GHA?

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I changed my filters media out. Taking out my bioballs and some other stuff replacing it with seachem matrix purigen clear blue carbon and marineland filter floss. I've taken out half of my bioballs as I was told to take them out weekly. Anyways my GHA just looks weird is it dying?
1000000118.jpg
1000000117.jpg

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turning white / pale = weakening and dying
Finally. I have room in my tidal filter for a fuge. Should I do both a skimmer and a fuge to just help with stuff? I basically started taking my bioballs out and all of a sudden GHA started dying idk why.

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finally. I have room in my tidal filter for a fuge. Should I do both a skimmer and a fuge to just help with stuff? I basically started taking my bioballs out and all of a sudden GHA started dying idk why.

im regurgitating this a bit from the past but I have always heard bio balls are nitrate factories....

I also run socks, to skimmer to refugium in my tanks. I think they work great together.

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always advise to only change one thing at a time. That way if something changes with parameters, you know what the likely cause was. I would start with a skimmer. If everything goes well after a month or so, then you can add the fuge if you still want/need to.

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always advise to only change one thing at a time. That way if something changes with parameters, you know what the likely cause was. I would start with a skimmer. If everything goes well after a month or so, then you can add the fuge if you still want/need to.
I definitely want to do both. I want to try and do a DIY fuge in my Tidal 110 by attaching a light to the lid and seeing what will grow. I could also take the lid off and see how things go too.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back