What should I add to my ATO to maintain these levels?

OP
OP
rennjidk

rennjidk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphate cannot be mixed with kalkwasser, or else calcum phosphate will precipitate.
Any danger to the tank or does it just render this dose of kalk useless? What I mean is, should I drain this or just not add more neophos next time?

CLICK TO VIEW

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any danger to the tank or does it just render this dose of kalk useless? What I mean is, should I drain this or just not add more neophos next time?

I don't think it will have any bad impact to use it. The calcium is a bit lower than expected, and the phosphate isn't gettign to the tank except as calcum phospahte, which may or may not dissolve in the water.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
rennjidk

rennjidk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ICP came in this morning and overall not too bad. I'm deficient if a handful of trace elements, especially iodine, and my Ca and Mg are trending downwards. I'm guessing I'm going to have to up my WCs to atleast once a month for the Mg, and kalk should maintain the Ca. I've also started dosing reefplus as it pretty well aligns with triton's dosing recommendations and ordered some cupamine.
Screenshot_20230510_092849_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20230510_092844_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20230510_092840_Samsung Notes.jpg

Right now my ATO is just Neonitro and kalk. Are there any interactions between either of these and Reefplus? I'm having to dose several times a week anyways, so I'd prefer to mix it in if possible.

Screenshot_20230510_093147_Firefox.jpg

OP
OP
rennjidk

rennjidk

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After digging a little further, It seems that Cuprisorb may not remove the excess aluminum. I feel like it's a safe assumption that it is bringing the copper level down. I've also read a few other thread which mention marine pure as a source of excess aluminum, which I am currently using. So with that being said:

Does marine pure cause elevated aluminum levels?
Are my levels of aluminum excessive/dangerous?
Is there any interactions between the nitrogen salts and kalk in my ATO and reefplus should I decided to add it as well?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After digging a little further, It seems that Cuprisorb may not remove the excess aluminum. I feel like it's a safe assumption that it is bringing the copper level down. I've also read a few other thread which mention marine pure as a source of excess aluminum, which I am currently using. So with that being said:

Does marine pure cause elevated aluminum levels?
Are my levels of aluminum excessive/dangerous?
Is there any interactions between the nitrogen salts and kalk in my ATO and reefplus should I decided to add it as well?

Yes, marine pure has been implicated in aluminum release, although some have claimed it is batch related. In any case, I personally wouldn't use it. Certainly, other aluminum containing media do release aluminum.

Your levels may be fine. In my tests, i did not see effects until substantially higher.

I do not recommend tarce element mixtures be put into kalkwasser as some may precipitate.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Top Shelf Aquatics
Back