What now?

Woody570

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have my max nano g2 xl running and cycled for a month and a half. Have two clownfish in for a week today and seem to be really happy. My salinity is staying stable at 1.025,ph at 8.0 and nitrates at 11.2. Did a water change right before getting fish. I guess my question is what should I be watching for and what would be my next steps for more livestock or preparing for corals?
20240922_143041.jpg

WalkerLovesTheOcean

I love acans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, welcome to R2R!

Congrats on your new tank! You can slowly add more fish over the next few weeks to months. If you need help with what fish will work well for you and your tank, this is a great place to ask for help.

As for corals, you should wait a few weeks after the cycle to start with easy, beginner corals. You need to make sure you have the right lighting and flow. You may need another powerhead for more flow. How many GPH is it? Also, what lights are you running on the tank?

OP
OP
Woody570

Woody570

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, welcome to R2R!

Congrats on your new tank! You can slowly add more fish over the next few weeks to months. If you need help with what fish will work well for you and your tank, this is a great place to ask for help.

As for corals, you should wait a few weeks after the cycle to start with easy, beginner corals. You need to make sure you have the right lighting and flow. You may need another powerhead for more flow. How many GPH is it? Also, what lights are you running on the tank?
Thank you for the welcome!! Iam using a jebao slw-10 1056 gph and a redsea reef50 led. Iam in no rush for corals but my end goal for sure . I guess iam just wondering what parameters I should be watching to eventually be prepared for that time? Thank you

WalkerLovesTheOcean

I love acans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the welcome!! Iam using a jebao slw-10 1056 gph and a redsea reef50 led. Iam in no rush for corals but my end goal for sure . I guess iam just wondering what parameters I should be watching to eventually be prepared for that time? Thank you
Watch Alk. That is the parameter that needs to be most stable.

danreef55

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

We're thrilled to have you join our reefing community. Whether you're just starting out or have years of experience, there's always something new to learn and share here. Feel free to dive into the discussions, ask questions, and share your own reefing adventures. We're all here to help and grow together. Happy reefing
1727046948147.png

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back