What is your favourite YouTube channel for reef keeping?

BRS

FishyDP

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another vote for Tidal Gardens. Coral spotlight videos are great and he has the best farm facility, ever. His videography is hands down the best of all the channels, imo.

BRS videos helped me out a ton when I first started out in reefing, and they are fun to watch and cover every topic out there. They're test videos are great, can get answers to your questions based on actual results.

Reef Builders travels everywhere and shows you so many different perspectives in the hobby, Jake is super passionate about the hobby.

Fish of Hex is great, regular dude and relatable for the regular hobbyist.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

neuwave

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lately, FragboxTV / Fragbox Corals. Low production values, super frequent relatively short videos. Fits my preferences really, really well. If this guy was in the US instead of CAN I'd for sure be ordering stuff from him.

I also really enjoy Parker's Reef. He's an Aussie reefer and seems like a great person and had a good series setting up his dream reef tank. I could stand to see a little more variety on his channel, but still loving it.

Tidal Gardens is my 3rd choice. I really like the host/owner guy and really love the behind the scenes of operating their business and setting up tanks and stuff. Wish that content was posted more, because that's the kind of stuff I can't get enough of!

I really want to find a channel that regularly shows just some of the nuts and bolts of maintaining a display tank. I don't see a lot of videos out there talking about choosing coral placement locations, what to consider when scaping, or fragging an overgrown coral in the display. In the rare case you see someone actually show fragging and not just a before and after, they're always pulling a coral from a grow out frag system never display tank maintenance where you might not be able to just pop out the whole coral easily.

Queen of Reefs aquascape design and coral placement videos - they helped me a lot with my tank!

kados

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly if you want to watch my channel and tank grow subscribe to me at random black reefer
Good luck with channel. Pretty cool to document the reef journey. Look back at it years later and see the difference and growth in experience.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tank Stop
Back