What is your coral dipping protocol?

Formulator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was recently reminded in another thread of the importance of dipping corals and realized I may not be doing enough myself.

I’ve always just dipped in Coral Rx per the bottle instructions. Apparently this does not address flat worms, and vermatids need manual removal.

So what do most folks do? Multiple dips? Is there an all-in-one dip that takes care of everything?

adamg77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral rx definitely killed flatworms for me. I used a small dropper and put in probably about 2-3mL and almost immediately they began crawling off. I blasted the corals from all angles which really got a bunch off. They stopped moving within a minute. I then shook the corals fairly aggressively in the water. Removed drag plug mounted on rubble from sump in goes to the tank

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Coral rx myself. I like that it is clear, and I can see what comes off. What a lot of Reefers miss is that you have to blow off the pests every few minutes with a turkey baster or pipette while the coral is soaking in the dip. I do this for 10 minutes total on every coral I get.

adamg77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what is going on with adding this video
IMG_0282.jpeg

But the flatworms stopped moving fairly quickly. Using the pipette to blow them off was very affective

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back