Blue Vet Coral RX… what is it?

Australian_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to be confused with the Coral RX dip what exactly is the Blue vet Coral RX powder? Has anyone used it?

I had some go to the LFS for me and I asked them to pick up some coral RX as I had a lobo that was looking a bit worse for wear and I was worried about infection.

They came back instead with the blue vet Coral RX powder. Very confusing marketing it has to be said. Now it actually seems this product may work but as a whole tank treatment.

It’s described as :
Coral Rx
  • Anti-Bacterial Treatment for Corals
  • Ideal for Freshly Cut Coral Frags
  • Safe for All Coral Types
  • Reef Safe Will Not Harm Denitrifying Bacterias

Coral Rx is used in the treatment and prevention of bacterial diseases that can be associated with fresh cut or injured corals. This package will treat 1514 litres.

But I can barely find anyone about it online. Plenty on the flux treatment for GHA, but absolutely nothing for this. Has anyone used this product?
I assume it’s some kind of antibiotic, but what actually is it? It’s a powder form and doesn’t give any instructions to use as an out of tank dip, just as a whole tank treatment. Which is a worry when there is so little testimonials out there.

Any help very welcome.

IMG_8043.jpeg

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what is in it, but you can find some comments about it by searching here.

examples:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back