What fish or invert will kill a fireworm?

BRS

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive seen this in person at an LFS and also I gave mine to a couple in Northern Wisconsin who says its their best fish. Go from Experience and not what you read. I sold many at my LFS and Never got a complaint.
From Spruce on the internet:

Bird Wrasse Diet​

Although this fish's bird-like beak mouth is small, it is adept at grasping prey in its strong jaws. Once captured, it bashes the prey item against the substrate until it breaks into bite-sized pieces.

A bird wrasse will eat nasty fire and other nuisance bristle worms, but beneficial and decorative type worms, small crustaceans, snails and such as well. Feed a hardy diet of vitamin-enriched frozen brine and mysid shrimp preparations, small bits of fresh or frozen meaty seafood, and frozen silversides. It is recommended to feed this fish three times a day.

From Petanimalscare:

What do bird wrasse eat?​

A bird wrasse will eat nasty fire and other nuisance bristle worms, but beneficial and decorative type worms, small crustaceans, snails and such as well. Feed a hardy diet of vitamin-enriched frozen brine and mysid shrimp preparations, small bits of fresh or frozen meaty seafood, and frozen silversides.
I have seen the aggression from several bird wrasses and also the feeding behaviour. They grow large and become terrors, I’ve seen them feeding on small fish like Firefish and gobies as well. Any small long bodied fish is gone with bird wrasses.

Upvote 0

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the eat fish?
It’s possible, they’re known for going after smaller, slow moving fish and I have seen several specimens do this as they’ve grown.

Upvote 0

Slocke

Wrasse Nerd
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question is why do you want to kill the worms? I would get a small wrasse or two and use them to control the population. A small Halichoeres will work as will a Pseudocheilinus like a six line but any Pseudocheilinus has a liklihood of being aggressive. Yes, a bird wrasse or arrow crab will kill them but if you really want a short term nuclear option then go for a dragon wrasse. They're called "rock mover wrasse" for a reason and will get the worms one way or another.

Upvote 0

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question is why do you want to kill the worms? I would get a small wrasse or two and use them to control the population. A small Halichoeres will work as will a Pseudocheilinus like a six line but any Pseudocheilinus has a liklihood of being aggressive. Yes, a bird wrasse or arrow crab will kill them but if you really want a short term nuclear option then go for a dragon wrasse. They're called "rock mover wrasse" for a reason and will get the worms one way or another.
Agreed. No need to kill beneficial members of your cuc. Reduce feeding if you see too many...

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have seen the aggression from several bird wrasses and also the feeding behaviour. They grow large and become terrors, I’ve seen them feeding on small fish like Firefish and gobies as well. Any small long bodied fish is gone with bird wrasses.
They will eat what will fit in their mouths which is the big caution with them, but they are peaceful otherwise and Over 4 decades, the largest ive seen is about 10", but includes their long snout

Upvote 0
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back