Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don’t buy frags. Buy colonies from people on Craigslist. The survival rate is much better than the toothpicks and more rewarding to gaze upon.

Thats funny usually I hear the opposite. That frags are much better at acclimating to different environments than colonies. I disagree with your statement just based on my personal experience in that colonies may be bigger and seem you get more for the price but in actuality I found that you are substituting size in for the health of the specimen. By all means if buying colonies instead of frags works for you thats awesome. there is also something to be said getting a frag and growing it into a colony.

JonPhillips

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats funny usually I hear the opposite. That frags are much better at acclimating to different environments than colonies. I disagree with your statement just based on my personal experience in that colonies may be bigger and seem you get more for the price but in actuality I found that you are substituting size in for the health of the specimen. By all means if buying colonies instead of frags works for you thats awesome. there is also something to be said getting a frag and growing it into a colony.

Happy waiting.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back