+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big do those get
Pavona is encrusting (at least the type I have) and a relatively slow grower. I've not seen a bright yellow variety but have some green that's pretty

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pavona is encrusting (at least the type I have) and a relatively slow grower. I've not seen a bright yellow variety but have some green that's pretty
I really like the plating look with entrusting corals. I wish I knew which coral would plate for me lol

Nutramar Foods
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Avast

Poseidon03

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your tank? Be sure to take into account the level of stability needed for some of the SPS...
Also need to keep an eye on alk.

Pavona I would say is medium grower. It's not as fast as montipora, but you can see growth each month. It is faster than favia though.

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is your tank? Be sure to take into account the level of stability needed for some of the SPS...
Definitely not old enough for acros. Lol. 6 months or so. I upgraded from a mature 55 gallon but started every new

OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a yellow gonipora, but they are hard to find and some reefers don't have much luck with them -still a beautiful addition.
How long have you had it. I've read alot about gonis in general being hard to keep.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
To(meany)Tang

To(meany)Tang

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also need to keep an eye on alk.

Pavona I would say is medium grower. It's not as fast as montipora, but you can see growth each month. It is faster than favia though.
I haven't dabbled in supplementing just yet. I don't dose anything mainly because I don't Wana start adding a bunch of bottles of different stuff if my current corals are doing great. So far I have a Malaysian torch. Multi green hammer. About 20 zoa polyps ..ric mushroom. And a favia. Also dosing is a little intimidating but I will kick off the training wheels when it's time lol

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had it. I've read alot about gonis in general being hard to keep.
Couple of years now; also have pink, red and a small green one. Do great in my tanks, but I can't get regular mushrooms to grow no matter what I try. My way of saying that each tank is unique in some ways and I wouldn't avoid gonis based just on what you read.
Good luck.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Legendary
Back