Website download area suggestion

BeanAnimal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Matthias, Gaël, Vinny -

While we are speaking (or at least me) of small quality if life improvements, I would like to suggest some improvements to the download/firmware area.

Most of us don't recognize "GHL Control Center" versions, even if they are intimately tied to Profilux firmware updates.

While they are "in order" the naming convention does not show us what "firmware" is installed, but at the same time our Profilux (or Mitras, etc.) show FIRMWARE version (as expected). There is no easy correlation between the "Control Center" version and Profilux Firmware version.

1720099131279.png

Even when you click into one of the sections, there is nothing to indicate what firmware version it matches:

1720099199969.png

The same pattern holds true for other downloads and updates.

It takes a lot of clicking around and cross referencing to figure out what versions we are running and/or if updates are available.
1720099391900.png

Can we maybe get a "firmware version" column on both screens and/or a static table somewhere showing GCC Version, Connect Version, Firmware Version, latest wifi, etc. For P4, Mitras, Dosers, Etc?

While these seem like trivial things, they too go a long way to make things easier to understand and manage and go a long way to making things feel "less complicated".

OP
OP
B

BeanAnimal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click "Changelog"

Gaël

Thanks for the response.

Right - but why is it at least 3 clicks (or more depending on how you get there) to find it when it is the actual deciding factor or being compared to see if you are up to date or not?

As I said, it was just a suggestion. Most of us can navigate our way through these things but they all add up to the perception and feel of "complicated". It is all part of the "GHL User Interface" if you will!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back