Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone out there using something that is not the MP10. Something that cost $300 and spends its whole life working until it dies and consistently needs to be cleaned just doesn't fit the budget for this project. I am curious if anyone stands behind any other flow generators? Cheaper options that work?

Corals.com
OP
OP
BARNAKEWLZ

BARNAKEWLZ

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a fan of the Nero pumps. I currently have a 3 and a 5 on the same tank. Both up and running almost 2 years. Only cleaned once, thus far no issues.
I had the Nero 3 in a cart right before I posted this. I do want to try them. I currently run gyres on the other tanks

Top Shelf Aquatics

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze have been running the longest problem free out of the different brands I have used. I have one going on 7 years I think. I have some nero also but haven't had them long enough to comment on reliability.

iamacat

Higher than my pH
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You get what you pay for, but I think the Nero line is the best and the cost is reasonable. I’ve run a Nero 3 for 2.5yrs and a 5 for most of that same time. I clean them once every 6 months which takes about 10min.

also have 2 XF350 which are also great at moving water at an affordable cost. I had to replace one of the gyres due to noise after moving but the replacement was under $180. I also clean these on the same schedule and find them to be even easier

OP
OP
BARNAKEWLZ

BARNAKEWLZ

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You get what you pay for, but I think the Nero line is the best and the cost is reasonable. I’ve run a Nero 3 for 2.5yrs and a 5 for most of that same time. I clean them once every 6 months which takes about 10min.

also have 2 XF350 which are also great at moving water at an affordable cost. I had to replace one of the gyres due to noise after moving but the replacement was under $180. I also clean these on the same schedule and find them to be even easier
Very true. I have a couple of those XF330s for that 4 years. they are great. this is going to be an a fairly low flow/low light tanks. Unless that changes. I don't want to break the bank for this guy. Fortunately I have everything else sitting around to put it tougher minus the plumbing.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Acros

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am tired of cleaning out the wired power heads. Swapping out wet sides is looking pretty good to me now.

I don’t have to untangle any the wires or spill any water when swapping out wet sides. Just clean them away form the tank, no wires, no mess.

Jebao SLW/MLW are great options. I have been using them for close to 2 years with no other issues.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Hooz

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several Jebaos that have run for years without issue. The newer wifi-enabled pumps have a nice app, and as many different options for programming and scheduling as the "big guys". I own or have owned Neros, MP10s, various Tunze, Hygger, etc. and I keep coming back to Jebao.

I have one of their latest gyres (ECP-50m) and wavemakers (ELW-3m) on the way right now (slow boat from China) to try out in a nano tank that currently runs an MLW-5.

World Wide Corals

Hooz

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should add that, when looking at Jebaos, the pumps may be the same, but the controllers are very different.

For example, there was the SLW, then they added wifi and made it the SLW-m, then the MLW, then ALW, and the latest is the ELW. Same for the SOW, MOW, AOW and EOW.

Buying today, I would make sure I got an MLW or newer for the app.

OP
OP
BARNAKEWLZ

BARNAKEWLZ

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should add that, when looking at Jebaos, the pumps may be the same, but the controllers are very different.

For example, there was the SLW, then they added wifi and made it the SLW-m, then the MLW, then ALW, and the latest is the ELW. Same for the SOW, MOW, AOW and EOW.

Buying today, I would make sure I got an MLW or newer for the app.
Thanks for the info. I haven’t been up to date with jebao recently. That help a ton.

AS
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tropic Marin USA
Back