Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a waterbox infinia 190.5 one of the newer tanks they have. It comes with a thick leveling matt under it attached to the tank. We put the stand together me and my friend. Thick aluminum framing. Leveled to the dot. On every corner no joke. Took 5 hours + for leveling.

my LFS comes in and put the tank on the stand. While inspecting the tank. I notice gap on the edges, and when i open the cabinet i can see through it. Checked with my LFS said its normal. Contacted waterbox over 20 times regarding it. And they said once filled the matt would compress and cover all the edges. I dont know how much of that is true. But its making me very uncomfortable. I live alone i have nobody to help me take my tank on and off. Had to pay my lfs 250$+ just to put the tank with someone on the stand. And my local reef friend is 2 hours away.

1- https://youtube.com/shorts/JqLXa0DLu9I?feature=share thats the video of me attaching a piece of paperon the right side and the back

2- https://youtube.com/shorts/gXovI9-TQzM?feature=share and thats me attaching a piece of paper on the left side.

3- and this is the video i sent to waterbox explaining the situation (sorry for my accent)

I also measured the stand from the gap part, and all corners to check if there wrapping somewhere on the stand and its 35” to the dot. I am an anxious person in general, and this situation is killing me. I had so many issues with waterbox in terms of stand, and bunch of other stuff. I am not sure how to function anymore or how to proceed. My friend believe filling it 1/3 and leaving it will fix the issue and matt would compress. I really know nothing about waterbox design but i really have everything in written that its fine to use the tank. So whats your opinion about this?

IMG_1085.jpeg IMG_1086.jpeg IMG_1041.png IMG_1039.png IMG_1132.jpeg

AquaCave Logo Banner

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... you have their response in writing (text message). God forbid anything happens, you've got them. I can't believe they were stupid enough to have this conversation with you in writing.

Personally, I'd feel uncomfortable filling a tank that doesn't touch the stand around the entire tank, particularly that it is rimless.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where i probably didnt catch that? Where do you see it?
When you’re showing the gap on the right side I can see a hump in the center of the stand on the back. Look down it with a eye closed and you’ll see it.. if it has feet or something adjust them down..

AquaCave Logo Banner

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see it.
Maybe it’s not the stand.. almost looks like a whoop in the glass.. it’s gotta be some kind of optical illusion I’d think.. it caught my eye and then I see both rear corners lifted so it only makes sense
IMG_9927.jpeg

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it’s not the stand.. almost looks like a whoop in the glass.. it’s gotta be some kind of optical illusion I’d think.. it caught my eye and then I see both rear corners lifted so it only makes sense

I see what you mean now.

The simplest way to determine if it is the tank or the stand would be to flip the tank upside down and place a straight edge along the bottom.

If it is flush to the tank bottom, then its likely the stand as you have surmised.

Last edited:
OP
OP
charbel101

charbel101

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you’re showing the gap on the right side I can see a hump in the center of the stand on the back. Look down it with a eye closed and you’ll see it.. if it has feet or something adjust them down..
It was a sticker like protective sticker so i dont scratch the stand. Removed it and took a picture
Maybe it’s not the stand.. almost looks like a whoop in the glass.. it’s gotta be some kind of optical illusion I’d think.. it caught my eye and then I see both rear corners lifted so it only makes senseView attachment 3147885..

IMG_1153.jpeg IMG_1152.jpeg

Corals.com
OP
OP
charbel101

charbel101

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it’s not the stand.. almost looks like a whoop in the glass.. it’s gotta be some kind of optical illusion I’d think.. it caught my eye and then I see both rear corners lifted so it only makes senseView attachment 3147885..

i took the sticker off for scratches, took a video and a picture do you see anything now?

Attachments

• IMG_1176.jpeg
    IMG_1176.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1175.mov
    35.7 MB

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i took the sticker off for scratches, took a video and a picture do you see anything now?
Do you have a string? If so tape it to the back side of the stand on the top edge and pull it across the back and hold it up to the top edge on the opposite side.. once you do that see if the stand is perfectly flat with the string or bowing up a tad in the center “basically the string is a straight edge” as it has to be in my opinion for both back edges to be off the mat. I’m not familiar with the stand myself… does it have multiple feet across the back or only in the 4 corners?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
charbel101

charbel101

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a string? If so tape it to the back side of the stand on the top edge and pull it across the back and hold it up to the top edge on the opposite side.. once you do that see if the stand is perfectly flat with the string or bowing up a tad in the center “basically the string is a straight edge” as it has to be in my opinion for both back edges to be off the mat. I’m not familiar with the stand myself… does it have multiple feet across the back or only in the 4 corners?
I figured the issue. The matt is compressed. And heres a video of me explaining it. Because the shipping its compressed. It needs some water weight and i feel it would fill. Ima fill the tank with. Tap water and update the thread https://youtube.com/shorts/E7jPjr4Ar6Y?feature=share

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I bought a waterbox infinia 190.5 one of the newer tanks they have. It comes with a thick leveling matt under it attached to the tank. We put the stand together me and my friend. Thick aluminum framing. Leveled to the dot. On every corner no joke. Took 5 hours + for leveling.

my LFS comes in and put the tank on the stand. While inspecting the tank. I notice gap on the edges, and when i open the cabinet i can see through it. Checked with my LFS said its normal. Contacted waterbox over 20 times regarding it. And they said once filled the matt would compress and cover all the edges. I dont know how much of that is true. But its making me very uncomfortable. I live alone i have nobody to help me take my tank on and off. Had to pay my lfs 250$+ just to put the tank with someone on the stand. And my local reef friend is 2 hours away.

1- https://youtube.com/shorts/JqLXa0DLu9I?feature=share thats the video of me attaching a piece of paperon the right side and the back

2- https://youtube.com/shorts/gXovI9-TQzM?feature=share and thats me attaching a piece of paper on the left side.

3- and this is the video i sent to waterbox explaining the situation (sorry for my accent)

I also measured the stand from the gap part, and all corners to check if there wrapping somewhere on the stand and its 35” to the dot. I am an anxious person in general, and this situation is killing me. I had so many issues with waterbox in terms of stand, and bunch of other stuff. I am not sure how to function anymore or how to proceed. My friend believe filling it 1/3 and leaving it will fix the issue and matt would compress. I really know nothing about waterbox design but i really have everything in written that its fine to use the tank. So whats your opinion about this?

View attachment 3147742 View attachment 3147743 View attachment 3147744 View attachment 3147745 View attachment 3147746
Doesnt seem right but I believe when water is added, the weight should cause the tank to seat. If not, stay on Waterbox for resolvement. They said they would stand behind tank- WHAT ABOUT THE FLOOR, FURNITURE, ETC?

OP
OP
charbel101

charbel101

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesnt seem right but I believe when water is added, the weight should cause the tank to seat. If not, stay on Waterbox for resolvement. They said they would stand behind tank- WHAT ABOUT THE FLOOR, FURNITURE, ETC?
I dont know man. I talked today to multiple waterbox lfs shops vendors for waterbox. And they said they seen it before when water added it fixes itself

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I dont know man. I talked today to multiple waterbox lfs shops vendors for waterbox. And they said they seen it before when water added it fixes itself
If that’s the case- unacceptable

RaymondL

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the mat is smaller than the bottom of the tank, which is cause to the problem of one side floating. Explain this to Waterbox. Easy fix is to gave them send you a mat that 100% covers the tank edge to edge.

AS

Tcook

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if you do something other than what they are telling you to do, and it breaks, you may be out of luck. Especially since you’re documenting it here. I would email them, explain the issue again with pics, and have them reply in email with instructions.

OP
OP
charbel101

charbel101

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the mat is smaller than the bottom of the tank, which is cause to the problem of one side floating. Explain this to Waterbox. Easy fix is to gave them send you a mat that 100% covers the tank edge to edge.
I think if you do something other than what they are telling you to do, and it breaks, you may be out of luck. Especially since you’re documenting it here. I would email them, explain the issue again with pics, and have them reply in email with instructions.
If that’s the case- unacceptable
Alright fellas, i filled it with tap water. And the gaps are almost non existent now.

im going to give it a few days. And it seems like we are good to go.

Attachments

• IMG_1205.jpeg
    IMG_1205.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1203.jpeg
    IMG_1203.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 27

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back