Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning, have a 75gal on tank, it’s been running fine for about a year, eshopps sump/overflow with DCP-5000 return pump. Recently, the overflow box has been draining slow, my auto top off keeps pumping water in, the water level in the display tank rises above the baffle drain, doesn’t matter how much water is in the tank, the water drains slow into the overflow. The water level in the sump is constantly low which kicks in the ATO to keep running. The drain hose is about 2.5feet and is clear, no blockages

The sponge in my over flow is clean, baffles are clean.
The overflow tube is clean and clear.
Water level in my first sump chamber and in the second with protein skimmer is Normal.
the syphon in the overflow is there and workin.

The third chamber with pump is constantly low and the water level in my wank is filled to the max… any advice?

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS
OP
OP
S

Stevesw718

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did turn my pump down to low 30s, but the flow is a trickle into the display tank.

no valves or restrictions, the drain tube in overflow is clear and has capacity to take water, I poured a few quarts in, sump level raised a bit, but then the third chamber water level became very low again and the extra water stays in the display tank

I ordered a new pump arriving tomorrow, not sure if this will resolve since issue is with overflow box not taking in the water once over the baffle, baffles are clear as well, I’m so confused

OP
OP
S

Stevesw718

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if it's been fine for a year and all of a sudden you have problems. I would take the drain apart and inspect it. It's got to be something mechanical.
I just reset the syphon in the U-tube again, will see if that does it. I did this yesterday, but the baffles went under water over time, will see and post update later

CLICK TO VIEW
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Extreme Corals
Back