Watching a spot on my Anthias

skey44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a female Anthias and as her fins have gotten longer I’ve noticed a spot that I can’t tell if it’s a parasite or not. I’ve been watching it for several weeks. She’s thriving and coloring up potentially transitioning to male. I’m hesitant to medicate if this is nothing, but also don’t want to introduce anything unnecessarily to the display. She’s been in observational QT since June 26. She was in lfs for a couple of weeks before that. 2 Clowns in tank seem perfectly healthy except battle scars where they are incessantly nipping at each other. I’ve attached the best pic of her tail that I can get. Was thinking of medicating for a week prior to introducing into display, but also would love for it to be nothing and just proceed with introduction. Help/suggestions appreciated!
IMG_7664.jpeg
IMG_7665.jpeg
IMG_7667.jpeg

OP
OP
S

skey44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Her fins keep getting longer and it almost looks like just an irregular spot where it didn’t grow smoothly. But because it’s an irregularity it somewhat concerns me.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
This is possible fin ray and dont see anything of concern that jumps out. If eating and breathing normal, continue to monitor fish

OP
OP
S

skey44

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for reply. Being hyper vigilant maybe but I thought I’d reach out since it’s on my mind and I’m considering releasing into display in next week or so. She’s doing great, definitely not worried in the behavioral/ eating side. She’s always in a feeding frenzy when the food goes in.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for reply. Being hyper vigilant maybe but I thought I’d reach out since it’s on my mind and I’m considering releasing into display in next week or so. She’s doing great, definitely not worried in the behavioral/ eating side. She’s always in a feeding frenzy when the food goes in.

I agree - looks like a minor issue with some fin ray damage.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back