Was given carpet anemone, how do I take care of it?

HandsyLobster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Was given this carpet anemone yesterday and Ive never had one before. Nor do I know which type it is if someone could help ID it. Also what should I feed it or keep it in my tank. I fed it bits of frozen fish yesterday. Its very sticky stinging wise, it looks bleached to me so any help would be great. I have it in an acclimation box to keep an eye on it. Here are some pics.
tempImage4Fz5yk.png
tempImagecAOWn1.png

Dburr1014

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Any recommendations, lighting etc? What should I feed it. Background is my tank is a mix reef I have acros and mostly all my corals are growing.

Thanks
You should just list all your equipment and parameters and then we can help you from there.
How old is your tank? And how big?

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haddoni required bright light, SPS range light. They often exposed in low tide, although they can do with less, still bright light is better. They need a sand bed and moderate current. Once he is healthy, not deflated, he shou d be fed every third or 4th days until he regains his color. Consider doing a Zooxanthellae transplant if you have access to a healthy Haddoni. Direction for transplant is linked below. Zooxanthellae are wimpy, so care must be taken so they don't die before ingested by the anemone.

OP
OP
HandsyLobster

HandsyLobster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haddoni required bright light, SPS range light. They often exposed in low tide, although they can do with less, still bright light is better. They need a sand bed and moderate current. Once he is healthy, not deflated, he shou d be fed every third or 4th days until he regains his color. Consider doing a Zooxanthellae transplant if you have access to a healthy Haddoni. Direction for transplant is linked below. Zooxanthellae are wimpy, so care must be taken so they don't die before ingested by the anemone.
Real the article super interesting im going to see if I can find a healthy one to do a transplant.

For parameters and equipment.

Lights: ATI Straton My par in my tank runs from 160 on the sanded to 350 on the top of my rocks.
Alk- 8.3
Cal- 440
Mag- 1500
No3- 3
Po4- .18
Salinity- 1.026

Tank is 60 Gallons
Tank is roughly 6 months old, was started with all live rock and ocean water. I have a refugium and UV. Hope this helps

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back