Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 24g AIO cube is coming along nicely. I'm considering adding a couple of sps to the top rock in the back. I'm thinking a green slimer and a birds nest. Right now I'm dosing 5ml alkalinity daily to maintain a drop of 1DKh. Calcium and mag are holding steady with weekly 5 gallon water changes. I imagine that will change with the additional sps. Any thoughts regarding placement or other things I should consider?
20230329_184605.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar Foods

Mrtakeoff53

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As @dwest said, you already have that red cap monti growing. I have found that the red cap monti is the BEST indicator of a tank ready for SPS and I’ve been doing this for 20 years. It’s crazy cheap, you can find it everywhere in the hobby and if parameters aren’t correct for SPS, it will let you know long before a birds nest will. I added one 2 months ago with a green birds nest. Birds nest wasn’t fazed by my nitrates through the roof. The monti on the other hand, faded immediately. I just got my nitrates down from 100 to 10 and the monti is coming back. All this to say that monti growing is a sign you are ready for those SPS.

OP
OP
H

HawkeyeDJ

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you have a good plan. It looks like you already have a monti cap in there. Good luck.
Yes, monti is still on his plug. Haven't decided just what I want to do with him. He's growing very well. I'm thinking I might frag him and place him in several locations in the tank to see where he does best.

TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Innovative Marine - Made to Order
Back