Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used cipro before and had zero issues. Ive never had mass rtn events but I tried it a couple times to try a save a random coral that had stn/rtn. It didn’t “cure” whatever was killing the coral but it didn’t hurt anything else
Did it seem to help at all? Where did you get it from?

AquaCave Logo Banner

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, not a bad call. I have turned my skimmer off in efforts to let nitrates and phosphates increase. I still have to dose phosphates multiple times a week to keep them above 0. I'm still not sure why that is. I'm feeding once daily and only have 5 fish in the tank. I'm thinking of starting to feed twice a day.
Reef roids! It will bring that po4 right up and make your corals super happy! I was having the same problem with 15 fish..neophos and Neo nitro was getting expensive dosed reef roids and some stump remover and my po4 and no3 shot up and my corals have never looked better!

OP
OP
CRABDADDY

CRABDADDY

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef roids! It will bring that po4 right up and make your corals super happy! I was having the same problem with 15 fish..neophos and Neo nitro was getting expensive dosed reef roids and some stump remover and my po4 and no3 shot up and my corals have never looked better!
Yeah, I have used reef roids here and there. I can incorporate that into feedings more regularly. I know it has worked to increase phosphates for me in the past.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it seem to help at all? Where did you get it from?
I got it from chewy.com
No it didn’t help for my application but I know other hobbyists that love it for full system sps issues.

OP
OP
CRABDADDY

CRABDADDY

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it from chewy.com
No it didn’t help for my application but I know other hobbyists that love it for full system sps issues.
Ok, I looked into ordering it from chewy, but it was asking me for a prescription, maybe I was doing something wrong. I'll check again.

OP
OP
CRABDADDY

CRABDADDY

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something I heard yesterday while listening to Dong Zhou of Acro Gardenswas that anemones are great at phosphate export. I'm wondering if that's got something to do with why my phosphates are consistently low. I've got a large BTA and a handful of rock flower and mini carpet nems.

When I move later this month, I'm planning to take my large BTA out because it's stinging things around it.

Top Shelf Aquatics
TCK Corals

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tenecor Aquariums
Back