+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot has happened!

Tank went through a lot of downs with me loosing most of the corals (except LPs). I could never figure out the issue as parameters were within norm. anytime I added a SpS frag, the tips would just burnout after a few days. I then let the tank run with just fish only for about eight months. I thought may be it is a bacterial issues, so I also added some live rocks from KP aquatics. I also added some sand to the tank.

I made a few changes to the setup. Took the halides out from the fixture and put in my old Radions. Added seasweeps with tunze pumps. Added a Redsea gyre at the far end of the peninsula for more flow.

Finally, One day - I added a frag and no burnt tip! Since then tank has turned around. Frags are encrusting. Some colonies I got from tank breakdowns are growing. So all in all tank is flourishing. Some pics attached.

Attachments

• A286E10A-5D01-40AE-A385-41295CE843A1.jpeg
    A286E10A-5D01-40AE-A385-41295CE843A1.jpeg
    220.4 KB · Views: 55
  • E949F75E-4333-44E4-8776-76A45F28064C.jpeg
    E949F75E-4333-44E4-8776-76A45F28064C.jpeg
    260.9 KB · Views: 54

Devaji

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ glad to hear its all working out now. sometimes tanks just need extra time right?
love the meat end of the tank. it's my fav. when you need more room for all those colorful sticks. I 'll take those off your hands for ya.

question. did you have any wired blemishes on the tank when you got it? I know of two reefers that have.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
V

VikS

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ glad to hear its all working out now. sometimes tanks just need extra time right?
love the meat end of the tank. it's my fav. when you need more room for all those colorful sticks. I 'll take those off your hands for ya.

question. did you have any wired blemishes on the tank when you got it? I know of two reefers that have.
Nope, did not notice any issues with the tank. It does scratch up easy though. I have made couple of faint scratches even though I am careful cleaning it.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, did not notice any issues with the tank. It does scratch up easy though. I have made couple of faint scratches even though I am careful cleaning it.
glad to hear! yeah low iron glass can be a pain some times eh? sometime in the future we are all going to be using some sort of scratch-less acrylic . oh wait that is in my dreams . haha

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot has happened!

Tank went through a lot of downs with me loosing most of the corals (except LPs). I could never figure out the issue as parameters were within norm. anytime I added a SpS frag, the tips would just burnout after a few days. I then let the tank run with just fish only for about eight months. I thought may be it is a bacterial issues, so I also added some live rocks from KP aquatics. I also added some sand to the tank.

I made a few changes to the setup. Took the halides out from the fixture and put in my old Radions. Added seasweeps with tunze pumps. Added a Redsea gyre at the far end of the peninsula for more flow.

Finally, One day - I added a frag and no burnt tip! Since then tank has turned around. Frags are encrusting. Some colonies I got from tank breakdowns are growing. So all in all tank is flourishing. Some pics attached.
Your tank is doing really well!!!

Nutramar Foods
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
PremiumAquatics.com
Back