Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post pics? This could an example tank to what happens when a whole bottle of vibrant is dosed.

I'd go to the LFS and get enough water for at least 50% or more water change.
Well it's hard to tell which one got the most vibrant since I was dosing both tanks thinking it was bacteria but ya.

First pic is the old tank nitrates were at 100 and phosphate was at .46

Second is the tank after transferring (to the waterbox 60.2) this one has the most as I took the time to pour it on each bioball before putting them in. (**** me I really should have noticed then) I haven't done any tests yet.

Attachments

• 20220924_121714.jpg
    20220924_121714.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220925_193619.jpg
    20220925_193619.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 15

a.t.t.r

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may end up with Dino’s now but hopfully not. Vibrant is terrible for your tank unless you use it continuously it is an algicide and leaves a nice niche in the food chain that bad things take over as soon as the poison is gone. Thankfully you don’t have any coral so I think you’ll be fine as far as additional death go excluding the snails.

CLICK TO VIEW

nereefpat

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to a bunch of hobbyists? No thanks, I’d stick with the actual makers and real scientists to determine what vibrant is.
The actual makers are people pouring API's Algaefix into Vibrant bottles to resell. NMR shows the contents in Vibrant and Algaefix to be identical. Thread showing the NMR is here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/u...gaefix-polixetonium-chloride-busan-77.893292/
Additionally, please provide proof they were kicked off of r2r for their vibrant product.
From this thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/vibrant-update-from-uwc.904423/page-2
"Last update from UWC said they intended to respond once the audit (presumably meaning the EPA site inspection) is completed. In the meanwhile, Reef2Reef has suspended their sponsorship pending further clarification of the situation from UWC."

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to a bunch of hobbyists? No thanks, I’d stick with the actual makers and real scientists to determine what vibrant is. Additionally, please provide proof they were kicked off of r2r for their vibrant product.

Go to the last few posts in the link I posted and you will see that UWC, the makers of Vibrant, were removed from R2R and the reason.

These weren't just hobbyists verifying what was in Vibrant, there were professional labs involved.

Saying it isn't so and that @Randy Holmes-Farley isn't the top chemist in the world doesn't prove your point, it only makes you look like you are resistant to facts.

BRS

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to a bunch of hobbyists? No thanks, I’d stick with the actual makers and real scientists to determine what vibrant is. Additionally, please provide proof they were kicked off of r2r for their vibrant product.

UWC was suspended by Reef2Reef as a sponsor.

They have not been adjudicated for claims about Vibrant that may violate terms of service. That is pending final outcome of the current situation (EPA site inspection that started in march, UWC giving their promised side of the story, etc.), but since they have not been on their official account since March, I view it as a nonemergency.

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Additionally. Randy is not the top scientist on the world and just because he says it, doesn’t make anything fact. I use vibrant bi weekly along with microbacter 7

Just to be clear, no one is telling you to not use it.

Folks are just saying it is not bacteria. There's a chemically identical product, Algaefix, that folks use knowing it is an algaecide. If that's what they want to use, great.

It's the mislabeling that's the issue with Vibrant, and the risks folks may be taking without knowing it.

psiconauta

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
look it up, easy. if you want to stay blindfolded its up to you.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look what up? Randy’s opinion?

lol

My opinion? I had nothing to do with the studies at university instrument facilities that showed what it was and that caused the EPA to begin an onsite investigation (except to weigh in after the fact along with a number of other chemistry experts who understand how to interpret data from NMR and IR).

Did you even look up what we are talking about?

Like you, I don't think the EPA is interested in my opinion. They are interested in facts. The facts were apparently concerning enough to them that they came to UWC in March, and apparently have not yet resolved this issue since as recently as August, UWC said they are not able to publicly comment, but will when they can.

World Wide Corals

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol

My opinion? I had nothing to do with the studies at university instrument facilities that showed what it was and that caused the EPA to begin an onsite investigation (except to weigh in after the fact along with a number of other chemistry experts who understand how to interpret data from NMR and IR).

Like you, I don't think the EPA is interested in my opinion. They are interested in facts. The facts were apparently concerning enough to them that they came to UWC in March, and apparently have not yet resolved this issue since as recently as August, UWC said they are not able to publicly comment, but will when they can.
I dont think @tehmadreefer is interested in the facts, everything they need to know is on UWC's website.
Over It Ugh GIF

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol

The EPA isn’t investigating them over Vibtant, so please stop…

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The EPA isn’t investigating them over Vibtant, so please stop…

Why do you claim that? You either have additional inside information about other unregistered pesticides that UWC sells or manufactures, or literally are just making up crap. It would be nice to know which.

UWC provided me a picture of the signed EPA inspection document left with UWC when the EPA and the Mn Department of Agriculture showed up on March 23 for an inspection.

This is what that signed form indicates:

There is a check box indicting that it is a "For Cause Inspection" as opposed to a routine inspection, and it gives the following reason for the for cause inspection.

"For Cause - Violations Suspected. The distribution and/or sale of unregistered pesticides and the distribution and/or sale of pesticides or devices produced in an establishment not registered with the EPA;"

I cut off the end of that full statement because it goes on to list the names of the EPA and MN Dep of Ag officials doing the investigation, which I did not think needs to be made public. It is signed by both an EPA rep, and Jeff Jacobson, owner of UWC.

Jeff also told me the inspectors planned to come back the next day, and later told me they are "not able" to make any public posts but want to do so when they can.

So I'm curious what explanation you have for the info Jeff provided that is consistent with your claim that the EPA isn't investigating UWC about Vibrant? Are other UWC products unregistered pesticides?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

a.t.t.r

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you claim that? You either have additional inside information about other unregistered pesticides that UWC sells or manufactures, or literally are just making up crap. It would be nice to know which.

UWC provided me a picture of the signed EPA inspection document left with UWC when the EPA and the Mn Department of Agriculture showed up on March 23 for an inspection.

This is what that signed form indicates:

There is a check box indicting that it is a "For Cause Inspection" as opposed to a routine inspection, and it gives the following reason for the for cause inspection.

"For Cause - Violations Suspected. The distribution and/or sale of unregistered pesticides and the distribution and/or sale of pesticides or devices produced in an establishment not registered with the EPA;"

I cut off the end of that full statement because it goes on to list the names of the EPA and MN Dep of Ag officials doing the investigation, which I did not think needs to be made public. It is signed by both an EPA rep, and Jeff Jacobson, owner of UWC.

Jeff also told me the inspectors planned to come back the next day, and later told me they are "not able" to make any public posts but want to do so when they can.

So I'm curious what explanation you have for the info Jeff provided that is consistent with your claim that the EPA isn't investigating UWC about Vibrant? Are other UWC products unregistered pesticides?
I mean at this point let’s assume yes. All of their products are

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Extreme Corals
Back