Velvet during the cycle

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It makes no difference - If you want to sterilize everything - go for it. The problem here is that you didn't quarantine your fish IMHO. Feel free to start over. However - For the thread it would be nice to explain your rationale - using microbiology/parasitolody - and ditto for those people (many I respect) - recommending you do it - because it runs counter to every recommendation by the fish medics on this forum - I'll repeat it again - you can do what ever you want. all good

Sorry, but I'm unable to use microbiology to explain. My rational is that I am not a risk taker and that my preference would be to reboot.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry, but I'm unable to use microbiology to explain. My rational is that I am not a risk taker and that my preference would be to reboot.
Like I said - its fine to reboot - but it doesn't make common sense - with or without microbiology - I agree with 99.9000 percent of what you say - however in this case there is no rationale I can see to sterilize anything

OP
OP
C

cp2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please stop cycling with fish!!!! Its an outdated practice that hurts and kills fish. Just add a pinch of flake food to the tank and wait.

But now there is disease in your tank so any new fish can die, so no fish in the tank for at least 6 weeks. So just wait and let the tank cycle and do more research while waiting.
I know, it was completely my mistake to cycle the tank with fish....
I guess now Im just gonna wait and do more research

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back