+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

So I've been dealing with chronic low nutrients throughout my fallow period in my Red Sea Reefer 250. Phosphates are 0 and Nitrates are 0 as well. I'm giving ESV B-Ionic Nitrate a shot in order to combat the issue. The problem is that there are virtually no reviews or information associated with the product on most stores' websites. The bottle claims it uses Calcium Nitrate in order to safely raise Nitrates by 5ppm over the spend of 5 days. Does anybody have experience using this product and does it affect Calcium and Alkalinity levels?

AquaCave Logo Banner
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

arafas

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I dose brightwell Nitrate stuff I use ESV 2 Part, I love there 2 part. There products are good. I am sure you can use it just go slow to raise it. I had to dose Nitrate and phosphate from brightwell to bring my levels. My skimmer, caeto and roller mat strip everything and I have 18 fish lol.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
Fishrocker1

Fishrocker1

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose brightwell Nitrate stuff I use ESV 2 Part, I love there 2 part. There products are good. I am sure you can use it just go slow to raise it. I had to dose Nitrate and phosphate from brightwell to bring my levels. My skimmer, caeto and roller mat strip everything and I have 18 fish lol.
Ya, I use their 2 part too. It's good stuff. I'm actually currently setting up an auto doser for all for reef to make dosing easier. I have a feeling my protein skimmer is responsible for stripping my nutrients during my fallow period which is about 2 weeks in.

bushdoc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it for some time, but needed only 5-8ml/day for 150 gal tank at the beginning and later I dialed it down. If there was a calcium rise, it was minimal at this dosing. If you need to dose more than it may raise Ca, but you can compensate it by decreasing your Ca dosing. Remember that corals are utilizing calcium to build their scheletons.I don't think it effect alkalinity.

Maximus

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also started using it and it has increased my nitrates from 0 to around 3 in about a week. I dose 5ml/day in my 100g tank and it definitely works! It also has lowered my phosphate levels from .09 to .05 in that time span.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
Fishrocker1

Fishrocker1

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also started using it and it has increased my nitrates from 0 to around 3 in about a week. I dose 5ml/day in my 100g tank and it definitely works! It also has lowered my phosphate levels from .09 to .05 in that time span.
Good to hear. It's good to see that it doesn't really seem to affect phosphates as I don't really want to raise them (at least not with additives).

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tunze
Back