Used red sea tank should i be worried about seam

wyatt2847

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this used red sea reefer 350 and it has a slight crack in the top corner. Should i be worried to set it up or should it be fine? There seems to be no issues with the seal around it and was set up for a few years before i got it. The guy who had it didnt get rid of it for that crack but got out of the hobby but not sure how long it was set up with that issue. Thanks for any help
IMG_5314.png

Jesse Sunday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Can you show more pictures of the crack? Is it a crack or a chip? Do you know what generation the 350 is?

Either way, I wouldn't trust it. Maybe if you replaced that side panel and reinforced all the other seams... ?? I had a 350 that started to leak, thankfully slowly, not catastrophically. That imperfection at that location could lead to a catastrophic failure.

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not worth the constant fear of failure - I’d pony up for a new one or a mint condition used one. Once u start stocking ur tank and spending countless hours maintaining perfect conditions for ur corals - the cost of a solid tank is almost inconsequential vs having a failure and losing all

AetherealKnight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Read this thread, this happened just several days ago to a member here, on a tank that was just 4 years old.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back