Unknown Neurological Wrasse Disease (UNWD)

OP
OP
Jay Hemdal

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay, thoughts on this one? Was normal up until I noticed yesterday when I got home from work. Finished 14 days of copper and did sterile trasfer. This is about 4 days out of copper. And was perfect during ramp up of copper, and the 14day treatment

It's breathing a bit faster than I typically see with UNWD. Is it still eating, or trying to eat? That is a key symptom.

Have you treated this fish preventatively for flukes?

Jay

Avast

TK_KW

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's breathing a bit faster than I typically see with UNWD. Is it still eating, or trying to eat? That is a key symptom.

Have you treated this fish preventatively for flukes?

Jay
It's showing interest in eating, but havnt seen it a really eat in the last day. I'll do a couple rounds of Prazi and see if it improves. It's the only fish of 9 I've just put through qt showing anything currently.

J.D.

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever this is, it's disappointing. This is the 2nd Lineatus I've lost this year, plus a Rhimboid. Purchased pre QT in hopes to be past this about 3 weeks ago; apparently not. Was in the DT until 3 days ago, moved to QT system to avoid additional injury. I'll have uthnize tomarrow.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
Jay Hemdal

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever this is, it's disappointing. This is the 2nd Lineatus I've lost this year, plus a Rhimboid. Purchased pre QT in hopes to be past this about 3 weeks ago; apparently not. Was in the DT until 3 days ago, moved to QT system to avoid additional injury. I'll have uthnize tomarrow.

That does look like UNWD, sorry. This is a good example of why people think this is from the fish striking the glass or a rock in the tank, it sure looks like that would cause an issue like this - but there is never any damage to the snout...at least at first. After a fish has been spinning for some time, their mouths do get bunged up a bit, but that's from after the spinning starts.

Jay

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Aqua SD
Back