Unknown Neurological Wrasse Disease (UNWD)

OP
OP
Jay Hemdal

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay, thoughts on this one? Was normal up until I noticed yesterday when I got home from work. Finished 14 days of copper and did sterile trasfer. This is about 4 days out of copper. And was perfect during ramp up of copper, and the 14day treatment

It's breathing a bit faster than I typically see with UNWD. Is it still eating, or trying to eat? That is a key symptom.

Have you treated this fish preventatively for flukes?

Jay

AS

TK_KW

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's breathing a bit faster than I typically see with UNWD. Is it still eating, or trying to eat? That is a key symptom.

Have you treated this fish preventatively for flukes?

Jay
It's showing interest in eating, but havnt seen it a really eat in the last day. I'll do a couple rounds of Prazi and see if it improves. It's the only fish of 9 I've just put through qt showing anything currently.

J.D.

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever this is, it's disappointing. This is the 2nd Lineatus I've lost this year, plus a Rhimboid. Purchased pre QT in hopes to be past this about 3 weeks ago; apparently not. Was in the DT until 3 days ago, moved to QT system to avoid additional injury. I'll have uthnize tomarrow.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Jay Hemdal

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever this is, it's disappointing. This is the 2nd Lineatus I've lost this year, plus a Rhimboid. Purchased pre QT in hopes to be past this about 3 weeks ago; apparently not. Was in the DT until 3 days ago, moved to QT system to avoid additional injury. I'll have uthnize tomarrow.

That does look like UNWD, sorry. This is a good example of why people think this is from the fish striking the glass or a rock in the tank, it sure looks like that would cause an issue like this - but there is never any damage to the snout...at least at first. After a fish has been spinning for some time, their mouths do get bunged up a bit, but that's from after the spinning starts.

Jay

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Frag Farm
Back