Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang, Sorry man... seems to be a rough stretch for us people and Wrasses. Hope youre feeling better. Ive been sick too.

My tricolor fairy has been MIA since Friday. My gal says she saw him laying on the bottom one afternoon but he was breathing. i havent seen him. Happened the same time i added a small bag of chemipure for a polish. Probably a coincidence. No other changes/additions.

In the biocube my yellow Coris is also MIA. Was missing fir a few days then appeared for dinner one evening. He Ate and went MIA again. Going on 5 days. No changes at all in this tank either.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Scurvy thats rough. Are wrasses that temperamental. :(
Wrasses for me had always been a fairly easy fish to keep. They are known to hide in the sand for days at a time if they're going through changes or stressed. Im hopeful the Yellow Coris is just having some "growing pains" for lack of better terminology as i don't see any other signs of stress in that tank. Maybe something with change of seasons but that seems less likely... He had been otherwise healthy and in the tank just shy of a year.

The Tricolor has me stumped... He jumped about a month ago while i was doing some maintenace but recovered from that in just a couple of hours and had been fine since. I wonder if he freaked out over something, darted into the rocks or glass and has/had an injury of some sort. Something tells me I'll never know.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No more fever, but the sore throat, sinus drainage and achy muscles are still here. So on a scale of bryopsis outbreak to tank full of colorfull SPS, I'd say I feel like detritus.

Oh give me one minute, our surprise came in. Well, at least half of it.

Last edited:
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so the surprise that was supposed to show up today... is deceased. I had to call and find out why my package never slowed up. That's two, black cap basslets divers den has killed before they reached me. We'll be ordering one at the LFS next time. All is not lost, I still have a surprise for you. Thus guy came in the same box as the flame cardinals. I was waiting to show you with the black cap. It's a yellow tail reef basslet. Liopropoma mitratum

20171128_144610.jpg

Corals.com
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk if it's that particular basslet or what, but they've killed two before they shipped out. I'll get my LFS to order one and a few wrasse... that should complete my stock list.

Nutramar Foods

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk if it's that particular basslet or what, but they've killed two before they shipped out. I'll get my LFS to order one and a few wrasse... that should complete my stock list.

l have heard black cap basslets have a bad reputation adjust to aquarium life. Sorry to hear about your problems. L am actually planning on taking a tour of The Dovers Den building come spring so we shall see. Should be fun.

BRS
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, in all the sick excitement that's been going on over here... I forgot to tell you that the media reactor came in today. I pulled it out of the box and cant really figure out how it's supposed to go together. The stand pipe that goes into the bottom doesn't exactly sit flush. I'll figure that out later.

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Kinetics
Back