Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This crazy cardinal... he just ate a 1/4 cube of mysis shrimp whole. Frozen. The entire thing went in the QT tank, in his mouth, gulped a few times, then swallowed it. MacLeod really was the strongest...

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Show me some updated Tailspot pics!
Always gotta ask for pics when I'm at work.... I'll see if I can sneak up on him tonight when I get home. He likes coming out and swimming around with Barry Allen, but runs and hides in his hole when I get near the tank.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Corals.com

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve named the ycg. His name is Kevin the minion. I’ve got a second ordered? It’s name will be Bob. Objections?

AS
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve named the ycg. His name is Kevin the minion. I’ve got a second ordered? It’s name will be Bob. Objections?
Kevin and Bob are great names. Although, you need a third named Stuart.
105_001.png

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can a third go into a 75 with 80lbs of rock
I would only do three with plenty of coral colonies for them to hide in. They get very territorial over their coral perch.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disaster has struck The Deep Blue Sea. It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you, Barry Allen has went to be with the speed force. I'm very confident this all stemmed from the addition of corals last Thursday, and the use of a particular "reef-safe" epoxy. "Ocean Wonders" coraline colored epoxy. Before that all my corals looked great, tank was running smoothly, water stayed clear without carbon. Add that epoxy and shortly after the skimmer went NUTS! Over flowing like a fifth grade science fair project. I did two, five gallon water changes using the overflowing skimmer to pull as much of that stuff as I could out of the water. Friday, my Idaho Grape monti, the Bonsai, sushi roll acro and blue stag had RTNed. The neon green birds nest is bleached but i dull see polyps and a faint gotten color, the hyacinth birds nest still has color but only half polyp extension, green pocci is green but not fuzzy and the blue stylo has been ticked off since. Barry Allen had been missing since then, thought he might have been hiding in a rock from the stress... until I saw him in the sand today.

Fence13

Over Thinker Extraordinaire
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disaster has struck The Deep Blue Sea. It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you, Barry Allen has went to be with the speed force. I'm very confident this all stemmed from the addition of corals last Thursday, and the use of a particular "reef-safe" epoxy. "Ocean Wonders" coraline colored epoxy. Before that all my corals looked great, tank was running smoothly, water stayed clear without carbon. Add that epoxy and shortly after the skimmer went NUTS! Over flowing like a fifth grade science fair project. I did two, five gallon water changes using the overflowing skimmer to pull as much of that stuff as I could out of the water. Friday, my Idaho Grape monti, the Bonsai, sushi roll acro and blue stag had RTNed. The neon green birds nest is bleached but i dull see polyps and a faint gotten color, the hyacinth birds nest still has color but only half polyp extension, green pocci is green but not fuzzy and the blue stylo has been ticked off since. Barry Allen had been missing since then, thought he might have been hiding in a rock from the stress... until I saw him in the sand today.

Never a good day when you lose a fish. I have known reef epoxy to do that to a skimmer. I hate it, so I've always just used super glue. I have not heard of it causing rtn. I definitely understand how you are relating the to events. I'm sure I would be thinking like you.

Did you check your other levels like alk or mg? Even salinity? I've lost some because I was an idiot and my salinity dropped way too low without knowing.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never a good day when you lose a fish. I have known reef epoxy to do that to a skimmer. I hate it, so I've always just used super glue. I have not heard of it causing rtn. I definitely understand how you are relating the to events. I'm sure I would be thinking like you.

Did you check your other levels like alk or mg? Even salinity? I've lost some because I was an idiot and my salinity dropped way too low without knowing.
I'm a bit under the weather today. I'll check everything tomorrow after a good night's sleep. RTN and a fish death and the only thing added was the epoxy. I've got carbon back in the tank trying to get my surviving SPS to recover. Duncans, trumpet, BTA and sympodium all unaffected. The trumpet is actually out more today then I've seen it in a long time. Acans were ticked off so I moved them to the frag tank last night. They are fully extended today.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Precise.Accurate.Reliable.ICP-OES by Reef Labs
Back