Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Since I'm not dosing anything yet, I'm not sure how much I need. So I'm going to start out conservative and increase as needed. Just need a big dosing container...
I used a 5g bucket until I just got my new container. With your smaller tank you can get away with something that holds less.

I keep this thing on my favorites bar. Invaluable!
http://reef.diesyst.com/chemcalc/chemcalc.html

I would start out at around 80mL per day but you can't add it all at once without causing a nasty pH spike. You would need a dosing pump or to set up a drip.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a 5g bucket until I just got my new container. With your smaller tank you can get away with something that holds less.

I keep this thing on my favorites bar. Invaluable!
http://reef.diesyst.com/chemcalc/chemcalc.html

I would start out at around 80mL per day but you can't add it all at once without causing a nasty pH spike. You would need a dosing pump or to set up a drip.

I plan on using my fancy Jebao doser, then eventually upgrade to a fancier Coral Box doser.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess who's back? 24 hours later and it looks so much better.

20180502_191502.jpg

The trumpet hasn't looked this good in months.

20180502_191734.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your coral is looking crowded since it is doing well. I might need to help ya thin those out. Lol

Lol, you must hate crowds like me. My tank is pretty barren.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, what do you feed a coral beauty who doesn't eat PE Mysis pellets, LRS Reef Frenzy or Reef Interests nano flakes? The only thing I see it eat is occasionally it will nibble at the nori on the clip, and peck at the rocks.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, what do you feed a coral beauty who doesn't eat PE Mysis pellets, LRS Reef Frenzy or Reef Interests nano flakes? The only thing I see it eat is occasionally it will nibble at the nori on the clip, and peck at the rocks.
I have no idea. :confused:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man you guys have been busy. Haven’t checked in two day. This time it’s my fathers fault. He decided to go and have a heart attack yesterday. Pulled off the road passed out came to. Told Siri to call 911, my brother and step mother. Coded in the cathlab during stent. Talk to him today you would never realize he went through that yesterday. He’ll have to have a quad bypass.

My cb started on frozen than went to flakes and I think eats spit, sweat, pellets but runs from fingers. It’s a pig.

Turtlle and Robin I do declare insert ( forghorn leghorn voice) you found you metal problem.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man you guys have been busy. Haven’t checked in two day. This time it’s my fathers fault. He decided to go and have a heart attack yesterday. Pulled off the road passed out came to. Told Siri to call 911, my brother and step mother. Coded in the cathlab during stent. Talk to him today you would never realize he went through that yesterday. He’ll have to have a quad bypass.

My cb started on frozen than went to flakes and I think eats spit, sweat, pellets but runs from fingers. It’s a pig.

Turtlle and Robin I do declare insert ( forghorn leghorn voice) you found you metal problem.
I'm glad it sounds like he is doing better! I lost my father to a heart attack when he was 51. He had a mild one at 7:30 that night and was taken to the cardiac care unit of a hospital. He was there under observation when his heart failed completely 2 hours later. Hopefully your dad will continue to recover!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry to hear, good luck @sfin52

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hope your dad has a speedy recovery.

Top Shelf Aquatics

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Robin Haselden i agree with keeping nori in the tank. I also whould suggest to try some brine with spirulina infused, My cb loves that stuff.

Mine doesn’t seem to eat a lot in one sitting but seams to prefer grazing all day. A lot like a toddler.

Last edited:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Waterbox Aquariums: The Finest Aquariums
Back