Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as it will grow. Not only will it help consume any iron released into the tank but it will also absorb other possible toxins released. I have to dose iron in my system to get the chaeto to grow some times so I don't mind a little iron in the tank. Just worry about too much. Macro algae is probably the best way to remove it.

Need to pick up another wifi timer for the fuge light.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys, tank has been clear for hours now, and its finally dark(for a few hours as well) so I dont get glare from the windows. Updated FTS for the thread.

20180430_221920.jpg

Nutramar Foods

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaCave Logo Banner

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed an order today...
No, not yet... we'll get corals later once we know the metal source is gone. We needed some dry goods. (He's stuck in my head right now ;Facepalm)

Here's what we got,
  • Red Sea 24" screen top (no more fishies jumping out the tank(sing it, like the monkeys jumping on the bed))
  • Red Sea blue bucket salt
  • Hanna alk reagent
  • Hanna phosphate reagent
  • 2.5" mounting adapters for a 24" Aquatic Life fixture x2 (fits A160, no we didn't get the T5 light... yet(only because it's out of stock))

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil LED + ATI Blue Plus T5 brings out the best coloration in SPS... IMO. Unbeatable shimmer and unbeatable coverage... can't lose.
I may switch it up with a coral plus or actinic, but I'm planning on just B+ x4 and use the Kessils to get the color how I want it.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Five little fishies jumping out the tank. One jumped out and dried up dead. Turtle called the forum, and the forum said. No more fishies jumping out the tank.....

Four little fishies jum....

Stuck in my head now.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mates, keep your hands out of the tank, let it settle and keep an eye on your coraline, it will affect your calcium and kh a bit.
That's the plan now. Nuisance algae is non existent, hopefully the metals are removed... time to sit back, let this tank heal for a few weeks and see how things go. At last check, we had a 0.1 kh per day drop from the coralline and the few corals that grow. That's enough to dose. I'm probably going to set up a saturated kalkwasser dose like @Brew12 does... maybe he'll be kind enough to give me some pointers. ;)

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the plan now. Nuisance algae is non existent, hopefully the metals are removed... time to sit back, let this tank heal for a few weeks and see how things go. At last check, we had a 0.1 kh per day drop from the coralline and the few corals that grow. That's enough to dose. I'm probably going to set up a saturated kalkwasser dose like @Brew12 does... maybe he'll be kind enough to give me some pointers. ;)
Of course!

2 teaspoons per gallon of RODI for fully saturated kalk. Try to keep it in a fairly air tight container since CO2 will cause some precipitate.

For every 1mL of BRS 2 part (Randy's #1 recipe) you would use, you replace it with 45mL of saturated kalkwasser. I tried doing it in my ATO but wasn't happy with the results because how much water I was adding was too inconsistent.
Instead, I let my doser put in (hope I remember this right, been awhile since I changed it last!) 1400mL spread out over 70 doses of 20mL each. My pH is constantly between 8.15 and 8.3 now.
To make up the difference between demand and what this can supply, I add 24mL of 2 part.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course!

2 teaspoons per gallon of RODI for fully saturated kalk. Try to keep it in a fairly air tight container since CO2 will cause some precipitate.

For every 1mL of BRS 2 part (Randy's #1 recipe) you would use, you replace it with 45mL of saturated kalkwasser. I tried doing it in my ATO but wasn't happy with the results because how much water I was adding was too inconsistent.
Instead, I let my doser put in (hope I remember this right, been awhile since I changed it last!) 1400mL spread out over 70 doses of 20mL each. My pH is constantly between 8.15 and 8.3 now.
To make up the difference between demand and what this can supply, I add 24mL of 2 part.

Thank you! Since I'm not dosing anything yet, I'm not sure how much I need. So I'm going to start out conservative and increase as needed. Just need a big dosing container...

Nutramar Foods

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed an order today...
No, not yet... we'll get corals later once we know the metal source is gone. We needed some dry goods. (He's stuck in my head right now ;Facepalm)

Here's what we got,
  • Red Sea 24" screen top (no more fishies jumping out the tank(sing it, like the monkeys jumping on the bed))
  • Red Sea blue bucket salt
  • Hanna alk reagent
  • Hanna phosphate reagent
  • 2.5" mounting adapters for a 24" Aquatic Life fixture x2 (fits A160, no we didn't get the T5 light... yet(only because it's out of stock))

I have the 24" hybrid with a G4 pro on my 93 cube and it is sweet! You'll love it.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AquaNerd
Back