Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late night update... still haven't switched over from night shift. I should probably do that.

Maui ate again. He's been looking out of the skull and having a slightly curious look at night. I'm sure the tank situation still has him a little discombobulated. I had a cube of squid(yes, I keep cut up squid tentacles in an ice cube tray) thawed out to offer the snowflake. She didn't eat, but I offered Maui a small piece and after some cautious examination, he bit into it and pulled it off the stick. This was the first time he's eaten since the ghost shrimp several weeks ago.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So uh, funny thing... exactly one year ago today we recieved this little guy. A Biota captive bred coral beauty.

FB_IMG_1524750880738.jpg

Well uh, so the other day... we're expecting a package today. It's uh, a coral beauty.

Oh, yes. That is the 14g when it was first set up. That particular set up with that rock I got... I miss that, it was too small tho.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's here!!! She's the same size as Clyde, just under 2". I've been wanting another coral beauty since I lost my first one in the velvet outbreak. After losing the McCoskers last week, when this one popped up on the Diver's Den I couldn't resist. Yes, unfortunately the McCoskers didn't make it. I noticed it wasn't looking well but couldn't catch it to remove on night shift betweek work and sleep. By the time I got off, it was nowhere to be found. It did not jump, there were no potato chips on the floor. I think it was internal paracites, as I saw it with some white poo, and I've since been putting metro and focus in the frozen. No one else has any symptoms and there is no agression in the tank.

Crappy bag shots. She's really blue! It's not just the lights, ok its the lights... but she's really pretty.

20180426_115438.jpg
20180426_115427.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's here!!! She's the same size as Clyde, just under 2". I've been wanting another coral beauty since I lost my first one in the velvet outbreak. After losing the McCoskers last week, when this one popped up on the Diver's Den I couldn't resist. Yes, unfortunately the McCoskers didn't make it. I noticed it wasn't looking well but couldn't catch it to remove on night shift betweek work and sleep. By the time I got off, it was nowhere to be found. It did not jump, there were no potato chips on the floor. I think it was internal paracites, as I saw it with some white poo, and I've since been putting metro and focus in the frozen. No one else has any symptoms and there is no agression in the tank.

Crappy bag shots. She's really blue! It's not just the lights, ok its the lights... but she's really pretty.

View attachment 730329 View attachment 730330
I love Coral Beauties. Unfortunately, my Flame Angel does not. :(

najer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So uh, funny thing... exactly one year ago today we recieved this little guy. A Biota captive bred coral beauty.

View attachment 730243

Well uh, so the other day... we're expecting a package today. It's uh, a coral beauty.

Oh, yes. That is the 14g when it was first set up. That particular set up with that rock I got... I miss that, it was too small tho.

I have one of the rarest flame angels in the UK, captive bred, she is a 2 inch fish now, when I got her she could swim through 1 cm egg crate!
The only reason I bought the new trachy was I think she is worth having caviar!
*insert jaws music* ;)

DSC_0001 by sshipuk, on Flickr

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Coral Beauties. Unfortunately, my Flame Angel does not. :(
Neither does Bonnie... the first one was 3/4 of an inch and I had to buy that 14g just to house it. She literally bit the top 2/3s of its tail off. Luckily it regrew. This one is right at 2", smaller than Bonnie but big enough to hold its ground.... hopefully. May have to move Bonnie and Clyde to the 40b.

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of the rarest flame angels in the UK, captive bred, she is a 2 inch fish now, when I got her she could swim through 1 cm egg crate!
The only reason I bought the new trachy was I think she is worth having caviar!
*insert jaws music* ;)

DSC_0001 by sshipuk, on Flickr

Awesome pic @najer. I am in love with your trachy and that is a rather ominous flame in the background...

OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photobombed by the pylei... or is that the lubbocki? Idk, here she is. Trying to get better pictures. Still working on shutter speed on this dang phone.

View attachment 20180426_121958.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess is that it is stress dark, can't wait to see it colour up! :)
I tried one a couple of years ago, it like the taste of my montis so was removed.

Most likely the case. She is still sticking to the rock work, Bonnie has mostly lost interest in the new addition and is back to swimming around. A little food fixed that(ADD much). Hopefully I can get some better pictures later.

I put half a sheet of the Julian Sprung green sea veggies on the clip down low, she hasn't seen it yet but has already started pecking at the rocks. Not that there is any algae on the rocks.

najer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely the case. She is still sticking to the rock work, Bonnie has mostly lost interest in the new addition and is back to swimming around. A little food fixed that(ADD much). Hopefully I can get some better pictures later.

I put half a sheet of the Julian Sprung green sea veggies on the clip down low, she hasn't seen it yet but has already started pecking at the rocks. Not that there is any algae on the rocks.

Natural grazing instinct is good, hopefully it settles well. :)

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IDK how i missed the loss of the original McKosker.... i guess i was sleep reading. Ime dealing with internal parasites with 2 recent aquisitions from LA as well. Both flashers. Day 4 of the same treatment as you.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
SashimiTurtle

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you’ll control the new pump with Xbox stick?!? Cool, you’ll need to teach me that one! ;)
Up up down down left right left right b a start

Konami_Code_-_03.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back